Not really suicidal, but feeling down.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mlxjaded, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlxjaded

mlxjaded Well-Known Member

I've just been really depressed about my weight lately.
    I'd rather not go into specifics but I am morbidly obese by technical terms.
    I have a BMI well over 50, too.

It's so hard to lose weight for me.
    I've tried EVERYTHING.
    From every programs to the good ole' just working out.
    Doesn't work.
    I've come to the point of considering gastric bypass.
    I hate hate hate hate this.
  2. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

Sorry your feeling down. Maybe you need medical help to get the weight down. We all have problems and you shouldnt be too hard on yourself. I'll talk to you if you need a friend. PM. Im praying for you. All of this can be truned around. You are a goo dperson and better days are ahead.

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I know what it's like to be uncomfortable with your appearance :). I don't have a large weight problem, I'm just really skinny. Thank god for some apparently good metabolism. I just feel so exhuasted ALL THE TIME. It gets aggravating at times. Just walking to places makes me tired. Waking up makes me tired :eek:hmy:.

I only just decided maybe hour or 2 ago that I'm gonna do my best to workout throughout the week. Just to try and build some physique :mhmm:. It'll take time, but I have never attempted something like this before, and I wanna try to build even the slightest amount of self confidence :).

I'm not familiar with the term gastric bypass, is it something like the lap-band surgery?
  4. mlxjaded

Glad to hear you're taking matters in your own hands!
    I, unfortunately, have tried and failed many times.
    But I wish you the best of luck.

And yes, gastric bypass is similar to the lap-band but it is permanent and supposedly better in terms of weight lose. But it does have more possible risks.
  5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Awww please don't be so hard on yourself...really I know many in your same situation and the only relief the found was via gastric bypass or lap band and it has changed them forever...
    Why do you say you hate the idea of it? you are not weak for going that route you know, just dealing with your body's condition the best way possible...and dealing with your health too...please think about what is holding you back and see if you can not push through it,,,ideas like weakness and shame have no place in matters of your health please do this for yourself and for well being. YOu seem a kind and sensitive person who is thoughtful so I know you deserve what is best for you physically and mentally I say GO FOR IT! :arms: Bambi
  6. mlxjaded

I probably wouldn't give gastric bypass/lap band a second thought if it wasn't for my age.
    I am just turning 17 next week.
    I doubt many surgeons would consider the surgery on me.
    Plus, I constantly hear "you're young, you'll be able to lose the weight in no time."
    Liars. ha.
  7. nolonger

If the pros out weigh the cons I'd say go for it! :)

You said you've tried every program, does that include meds because I'm sure there is some sought of medication to help aid weight loss...there's meds for anything these days :laugh:. Scary at times :S
  8. mlxjaded

Yep. Been on meds that have a "weight loss" side affect.

I am on the verge of becoming diabetic and I just don't want that kind of life.
    Don't know how I'll be able to live with that. :sad:
    The fact it runs in my family doesn't help, either.
  9. nolonger

Yea, diabeties can be bad. If I remember what it is correctly :unsure:.

Have you consulted a doctor about getting the surgery?
  10. mlxjaded

If you feel like reading up on it (it is not very interesting..):

And I have not yet talked to my doctor.
    I did have have an appointment where I was set on bringing it up, but I chickened out.
    I can be so cowardly sometimes.
  11. nolonger

You're not cowardly at all :tongue:. The fact that you actually go to a doctor to get help is something. I haven't been to a doctor about ANY of my problems :laugh:.

I'd say if you can, ring your doctor about having the surgery. Or just mention it to him that you'd like to discuss the possibilites of it happening for you. :)
  12. mlxjaded

Now that I've been talking on here a lot about weight-loss,
    If/when I ever lose the weight,
    The FIRST thing I'm going to do is go to an amusement park.

Honestly, thats the thing I miss the most (I know, it's pathetic.)
    I just love going on roller coasters with the wind blowing against my face and just feeling so free.
    As a kid, that was my favorite place.
    Now, though, I cannot fit in any rides.
    At first, I would go and try.
    Now I just don't go anymore.

The next think I would do is go swimming.
    Once again, as a kid, in the summer, I would spend EVERYDAY at my town pool.
    But, started about 2-3 years ago, I stopped going.
    I am too big and shy.
  13. nolonger

I acutally haven't been to an amusement park for a while. Think it's been a few years. Even then I didn't go on many of the rides because the lines were massive...

My family has our own pool, we can only use it during summer because it can get freezing at times. I usually only like it on hot days or when the water is warm.

Plus just going out at night and floating in the water looking up at the stars is always peaceful :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.