Not really sure how to deal.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sweetescape, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetescape

sweetescape New Member

Maybe this belongs in another forum- if so, sorry and please feel free to move it.

I came to this board because obviously I've been having some dark thoughts lately. Like anyone else I've felt like dying before but this is the first time I've been in a situation like this. It's safe to say that I'm going through a pretty serious depression. I've been depressed before, but it's always been characterized by feelings of sadness, and now I just feel sort of numb.

And my thoughts around ending it for myself are different too. I'm much more calculating about it- basically I've decided that I will take care of all the obligations I have right now, and then I'm out. And where before such thoughts came as a possible solution to end this pain, this time it just feels like the most logical thing for me to do right now given what I have to offer versus what I'm taking from the world around me.

So it's weird. I'm very unafraid- I feel hopeless and yet very much in my right mind. Can anyone else speak to this? I can't seem to talk to anyone about the state I'm in because I can't find a way to respond to the assurances of 'things will get better, you're just sad, lots of people have it worse'.

2. toffeekitten

toffeekitten Well-Known Member

hey, Welcome to SF!
    Sorry you are feeling so rubbish at the moment! :hug:
    Has anything happened that could explain the change in your feelings?
    Please don't leave...We want to get to know you and help you through this! i understand, I have been where you are so many times, most of us on here have!
    To use the cliche...Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You won't always feel this bad, you will come out the other side and be very proud of yourself!
    We are here to help :hug:
    Georgia xxxxx

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Sounds a bit like me XD. The only reason I don't do it is because there's a chance I could fail. Well atleast with what I have avaiable :unsure:.

I like that feeling when you're at peace. I only get this feeling for like a split second then I'm back to feeling shit.

And yes, eventually(or so I'm told :tongue:) you will get through this. Try to stick it out and talk to someone, or even one of those people on a crisis line. I'd think it'd be kinda cool talking to one of them. But that's just me having never told anyone in real life about how I feel XD.

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

you sound really depressed and I hope you'll stay and talk to us and let us try to support you...
    wondering if you've had any professional help at all?...therapy, meds, etc.?
    'things will get better, you're just sad, lots of people have it worse'. ..none of this helps someone who suffers the way we do even though they may mean well..
    please don't go till you've exhausted every avenue of help....

5. alices_ponder

alices_ponder Well-Known Member

Yes, you seem to be at a really rough point in your life and I am sorry to hear this. I came on here for help as well, and only joined yesterday and the day before but have spent most of my time reading through past threads and seeing what people have wrote and it kind of makes me feel a little better..

Have you been to a doctor or a counsellor or anything like that? If not then I would advise you to make an appointment as soon as possible :hugtackles: These things take time. But in the end, thats life. And it is all worth the time and effort :rose: Hope you feel a little better soon! xoooxxooxoxoxxo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.