Not really sure what I am

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ashla86, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashla86

ashla86 Active Member

I'm not sure what eating disorder I have but I'll go for days where I starve myself... sometimes on purpose and sometimes it just happens. Then there are times where I'll binge really bad and then purge, but then other times when I binge and don't purge. I try to exercise as much as I can and if I don't I feel guilty.
    It's been off an on like this for years. I don't know if it's anorexia because I'm not skinny. I am 5'5 and 140 but I've lost 28 pounds. I'm hoping to lose more, I want to diet properly but it's really hard for me for some reason. I'd just rather not eat.
  2. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

a lot of people have like eating things like that, where they show symptoms of both... it's completely normal. I'm "anorexic with bulimic tendencies," but some people just show signs of multiple disorders... either way it's good that you're recognizing it, and it's great that you're acknowledging that it is a problem. All i can say is that you really should get help now, because the further you go without help, the worse it will get. i know how hard it would be, but it really would be best for you, especially since you know what you're doing and you sound as though you want to change.
  3. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

I kinda have the same, but i guess i'm more bulimic. Anyway you just have an eating disorder, its not good what you're doing. Maybe go to a dietist, they can help you with a proper diet. Because as you probly know, not eating really isnt the best option. I dont know if this is going on for years, I advice you to look for help, a therapist or something, i dunno :unsure:

This kinda sounds stupid out of my mouth, sorry >.< i'm so the wrong person to say this...
  4. ashla86

ashla86 Active Member

Actually I found out about a week ago that I've actually lost more weight. I am now down to 128. Now I am even more scared to eat properly because I do not want to gain it back.
  5. i just got told that i have an eating disorder, and my eating habits are practically the same as yours, i mean, i'd much rather just not eat at all, i'd recommend seeing your GP and getting some help, it may not be that you want help, but getting it now, before it gets so much worse, will make it easier for you to beat in the long run.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.