Not resisting as well (Possible Trigger)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by ibreathespears, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibreathespears

ibreathespears New Member

Not sure if this would count as a trigger. Added it just in case.

In January I started somewhat controlling my burning, and I was even able to go about a week and a half without any self-harm at all. When February rolled around, I did all right, maybe not as good as I would have liked though. Now, I am having a hard time going one day without it. If anything happens, my mind goes straight to burning, and if I resist throughout the day I just end up caving at night where it gets pretty bad. It seems even for the smallest of things, I'm punishing myself now where before I wouldn't. It seems as if I'm addicted to it. At times, it seems like I do it and have no control over it. It just happens. Just needed to get that out somewhere. Felt it was best to do it here.
  2. Firespirit3

Firespirit3 Member

My self harm problem is cutting. And for a while I needed everyday. Sometimes as soon as I was done I wanted it again. Currently it has been about two weeks since my last cut. I really don't know why I was able to stop but somehow I did. There are still some days that I really want it but I stop. Part of what helped me was I kept a small piggy bank and added a penny each time I did. That showed me how out of control it could get. And it got to the point that where I didn't want that number to keep growing. So my suggestion for you is to find some control over it. Find something you can do to have some stability and maybe you can gain control over the rest.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope hun you can reach out for support now get some help from your doctor from therapist to give you skill to help you to stop the self harming h un. hugs
  4. SashaRenee

SashaRenee New Member

I understand you completely. I've been hurting myself for years... It started with picking scabs, then burning, and now cutting and eating disorders. Sometimes I'll feel fine, but the moment I see my razor I have the urge to cut. I might have even had a good day. Sometimes I feel like I just can't live without it in my life. I know it isn't good, and I understand all the reasons people tell me to stop... but I cant. It's like there is this force that brews in me, making me itch to do it again.

I don't know how to stop it, and anytime I go too long without it... I break down mentally.
    We are two peas in the same pod.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.