not sleeping...

Status
Not open for further replies.
J
Part of depression is screwed up sleeping habits.. yes, I can't sleep anymore :sad: I'm tired but.. nothing. and here I am. course, it's not too late just yet. almost 11pm. but the time creeps up. all of a sudden its 2am.. and I'll get y elled at for being on the computer later... so what can I do?

5am here and I can't sleep. I notice you've gone offline now, but when I'm not on the computer and I can't sleep I sometimes watch DVDs (in bed, hopefully will fall asleep..) or write & draw. When you can't sleep, and you try but fail it makes it even more frustrating. It also helps to keep clocks out of view. Watching the time change from hour to hour getting later and later it adds to the frustration. Hope you have a few hours sleep tonight.

Jenny

Staff Alumni
Aww I hope you both got some sleep :grouphug:

I also had a bad night's sleep last night. I fell asleep at about 11, but woke up at midnight. Fell back to sleep but then was awake again from 2am to 5am! Wasn't fun and I too was counting down the hours....

And of course my mum had to wake me at 8am this morning too eh :unsure:

It's very frustrating. My only saviour is that it's Sunday so I can laze around and not have to worry about being grumpy and tired at work

:rose:

A

Always Alone

Know how you feel. I haven't slept properly for ages. It all just starts to blend in to one long day. Stuff I did yesterday seems like years ages ago, and the stuff I did last week is real clear, sometimes can't even remember is something was a dream or if it really happened.

I do the 2am comp thing to, but I'm lucky, both my parents have away jobs, so I can stay on as long as I need to.

If I go to early I end up taking pills and cutting until I can sleep, and that always leaves me tired the next day. Or I can go to late, and only get an hour or so sleep.

Doesnt help that I have to get up for work at 5:30

Is the room you sleep in the right Temperature? A room that is too warm or cold is much harder to sleep in, try adjusting the thermostat. Also try eating earlier, If you eat late then you don't have time to burn off the excess energy (I assume).

Or do something to make yourself tired; go for a run, or a long walk, or do some sport, or just anything like that just to tire yourself out, but don't do it directly before you go to bed, otherwise the endorphins will keep you up. Aim to be finished about an hour before you go bed.

The stuff resistance said sounds good too. Not to sure bout the drawing through, every time I draw I end up staying at it for about 4 hours, regardless of sleep.

Hope you manage to get some sleep, take care.

TLA

Antiquitie's Friend
I cry and write in journal and that makes my eyes heavy and hurting.
If you see a doc, ask for sleeping aid. I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00