Not so new...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jemm, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemm

Jemm Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I've been on SF for about six months now, I was pretty bad when I first joined, then went through a better period for a few months, but now I can feel myself spiraling down... I've been fighting against this darkness but it's overwhelming... I'm posting this for anyone that wants to talk... I mean really form a connection and a friendship without the stress of being judged... I could really use a friend that needs a friend... I feel like I'm becoming a redundant burden on my family and friends... I feel like my grieving/ wallowing period is taking too long and I'm sucking the energy from the people that are trying so hard to be patient with my healing process...
    I don't know... I guess Im getting very lonely...
    Feel free to PM me if you feel what I mean
    Thanks for reading

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Jemm, I'm dealing with similar issues so you can PM me if you'd like to talk.

3. Jemm

Jemm Well-Known Member

I just read what I wrote... Wow I am one needy person huh? Kinda pathetic

4. Ninjachef

Ninjachef Member

Actually, In my estimation being able to ask for support when you need it is an amazing quality. Don't beat yourself up over it or think that you're pathetic for being able to express what you need. I find it quite admirable. I am new here, but if you ever want to talk I am more than willing to lend an ear or just shoot the breeze.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No hun you are not pathetic you are actually very strong to reach out and get the support you need at this time Good for you hun hugs

6. octopod

octopod Active Member

Asking for help and comfort and friendship takes a lot of courage and smarts. Bravo for you. I've just ended a down spiral and realized that my family is just a tad tired of it all. I go into my perky mode when dealing with them; makes life easier for the moment. I know I'm faking it; not sure if they do. Grieving takes as long as it takes. You can't put a time limit on it. I learned that after my marriage ended, and after my beloved dog died. As for being needy, we all are to different degrees. I try to tough it out alone mostly, but have also found that there are people who have a need to give, who are happy to help. I just have a hard time asking. hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.