Not suicidal anymore. If you're feeling down, read this.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by DHst, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHst

DHst New Member

This will be an honest post. No sugarcoating, no religion, no unnecessary optimism. I'm not suicidal anymore, and maybe my story can help some of you.

I first posted on this forum several years ago (under a different username). I was in high school. I had no friends and I was bullied relentlessly. I had health problems (I won't care to elaborate). I could never sleep, and I was convinced I was losing my sanity. I planned several ways to kill myself.

A couple years later, I'm still friendless. I've never had a girlfriend or a job. I still have a hard time talking to people.

The reality is life sucks, always has, and always will. It's a struggle for survival. This is true for every species on this planet, why should it be different for humans? We're animals, too. Most people need to lower their expectations, and realize how good they have it compared to others. Imagine starving in some rotten third world country. You're on the Internet. People weaker than you have made it through far more difficult situations.

There are a couple good moments here and there, but most of our time is drudgery. Work and school. What's the point? The point is you're an organism on this planet with a built-in will to survive, that very few people can overcome. The point is your future has the possibility to be better than your past. Stop moping around, chin up, and deal with your problems the best you can. Once you've done your best to fix a problem you have, say "f*** it" and move on to whatever else is bugging you.

If you can learn to persevere, you can put any weakness behind you and improve your situation. Your life might still suck at the end. Mine does at the moment. But it's something, it's all you've got. As far as I'm concerned, it is the only consciousness we ever experience. I don't care what any spiritual people say, this is the only reality with solid proof of existence. Might as well make the best of it.

And if anyone gets in your way, you need to develop an aggressive mentality. Stop being their bitch. Stop being a trash can for them to dump their insecurities. Stop being passive aggressive, and be aggressive. Other people can be real scumbags, but once you show you won't be intimidated, they will most likely back down. If they don't, force them. If you fail in the process, at least you tried. Do whatever it takes to get them off your back.

2. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

you make a good point, but id rather be put down than left to suffer. were just animals right. even lemmings dont kill themselves. just us. humans are unique. and pointless. we no longer have a role in the natural way of things. we should be extinct.

3. DHst

DHst New Member

There is no natural order, just chaos.

Pave a path for yourself amongst the chaos. Forget everything and everyone else. Focus on yourself. Most people on this forum don't focus on themselves enough. They feel guilty when they do.

I understand (to an extent) why people kill themselves, because it's all I could think about for years. People considering this option need to reach the rational conclusion that by doing so they would be forfeiting everything.

If they are doing so because of pain caused by other people, that is even worse. As I said, some people are trash with no compassion for others. And they need to be set aside like trash.

4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

'Some' people?

How about 'most' people.

5. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Thats true. A lot of people are not understanding enough and just run their fucking mouths. Just gotta be strong.

6. necrodude

all things return to chaos. entropy is the natural state of things. i am not a god. i am chaos.

7. Robin

Robin Guest

Entropy removes everything leaving nothing in it's wake, most buddhists tend to think that nothingness is an ideal state to be in and are far from chaotic in their lives so that they can achieve a certain type of emptiness :)

8. necrodude

so they too seek the darkness?

9. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

in this context(buddhism) I would imagine it is light.

10. Robin

Robin Guest

The truth as far as I know :) But am not a bhuddist :)

11. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I'm not a buddhist, but I am a muddist.

:mort:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.