not sure about this site anymore...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by justmeonlyme, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

so ive been thinking im not sure if i should stay on this site like i was at easter camp and i went to a semonar on addictions and im not really sure but like they where talking about how to bet the addiction and like it got me thinking this place it reminds me of my addiction to self harm.... but im no sure coz i have so many friends here and i want to stay and help people and this site does help but then i dont really no...
    should i stay or should i go. i really have no idea...

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

stay but don't go near post that trigger you for self harming stay talk on chat go to the places that you can get support If you find it helps why leave but if you do find yourself getting triggered maybe just take aleave for awhile take care

3. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

you know hon i hear ya. i know you have friends here, and i'm sure without a doubt you'd be missed if you left. you are also welcome to stay, but in the long run i happen to believe that you need to do what's going to be best for you. i'm afraid that only you can make that decision too.

take care hon

4. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

yea violet i have been trying but idk its stupid things that trigger me and yea idk... and yea liz i no its my decision but idk like its so confusing part of me is just like stay stay stay and another part is like no this is something that keeps reminding you of the self harm so i dont really no like i love this place people here have helped me so much and if i left it would feel like i was abanding people i told i would always be there for...
    so i just dont no...

5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

In AA we are alcoholics helping alcoholics. My thought is that those who self harm can help each other like no one else can. Maybe a list of pros and cons of your life before you came here and after you came here would give you a clearer picture of what is best for you.

I have learned that I don't have to follow all the "professionals" advise. I have a brain that I'm entitled to use to make my own decisions. I say this because you have the right to make your own decisions as well and I believe you are capapble of doing so. :hug:

6. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I usually try to avoid coming here if I'm not in the right mood (like if I'm happy, this forum may make me sad). So, most of the time I only come here when I've already been 'triggered'.

Maybe you can get the email addresses of your friends so you can keep in touch? That way, you don't have to be on SF to talk to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.