Not sure how to carry on...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by 1izombie, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find a reason to live but I'm having trouble figuring it out. The more I look at my life the more I realize that I've wasted it all away. I was diagnosed with social avoidance disorder which basically means for me that any social interaction can cause me to have an anxiety attack so as a result I tend to avoid any uncomfortable social situations. So this basically means I've missed out on allot of stuff in life, like dating (I'm 34 and I've never been in a relationship) or making friends or even like getting my drivers license. I haven't done anything with my life. I'm totally pathetic and a waste of space and I feel totally alone. I wish I could find some reason to go on but I just want the pain I'm feeling now to just stop. I want to end it all.......
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hi and welcome to SF. There are so many members here that can relate to your problems and pain hun. Keep posting and maybe with a little help from the rest of us you will find one of those reasons you are looking for. You arent a waste of space and now that you are here you are definitely not alone. Besides other mental health issues I suffer from anxiety attacks too and so spend most of my time in my house. But when I'm feeling particularly lonely or suicidal, I log on here and turn to some really wonderful souls that truly care and they "usually" can give me reason to hang on yet another day. Please stay and see if we can help you through this!!!
  3. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

thanks for your kind words, they put a smile on my face which is rare these days.

It gives me hope, after reading some of the other post, in an odd way, to know that there are other people out there dealing with similar shit to me. I don't know how much more shit I can take but maybe sharing here will help.
  4. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi! welcome to s.f. hun!

you will find that we all understand how you feel....even though there are wide-ranging issues, there is much common ground. the people here are caring and hang out with us....
    you won't be lonely here and it's a safe way to reach out....:arms:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.