Not sure how to feel

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by lancashirelass, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lancashirelass

lancashirelass Well-Known Member

I had a phone call today with the news that my rapist is now not due for parole till next april and i'm not sure how to feel. I feel glad that he will be behind bars for longer but also nervous at the fact that all the bad feelings i have had lately will arise again next year. I'm not sure how many times i can go through those feelings as each time they are worse and one day i won't be able to cope no matter how hard i try and my world will fall apart completely.

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hey Dawn,

I've always enjoyed talking to you. You've been very kind to people on SF, and I know you've been going through a tough time. I wish I could give you a fortune cookie right now that could tell you that your rapist is in jail for life, but hey, another year of him behind bars is better than being free now.

:hugtackles: all around.

Maybe they'll name an emoticon after you someday :),

Alex

3. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

dawn :hug: how horrible for you :hug: perhaps now you have time to prepare more for being able to cope when this does happen? can you seek some help from counsellors etc and learn some coping skills for that time? thinking of you hun x

4. Hellfrost

Hellfrost Well-Known Member

I am sorry to hear that he will be free next year. They should keep him locked up for good. But well I can understand your fear, all I can really recommend is to talk to a professional about it and whenever you feel like it pm me. I know its cliché but time will make it easier to handle this.

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Look at it this way, you have a year of therapy to be stronger and ready to tackle the bastard. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.