Not sure if this is the place but...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Lost in this space, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Lost in this space

Lost in this space New Member

I have been married for quite a while. My wife has never been very sexual which I learned after we were married. When we were first married we had sex once a week or so which was fine but then soon went to once every two weeks, then once a month or so, and now around once a year for the past few years. This is taking its toll on me as I don't feel loved or cared for. She likes kisses, cuddling and such. Just no sex. I have tried talking with her about it and get nowhere. Years ago I insisted on counseling which went badly as she only went to a couple of sessions.

I think about suicide a lot. Friday night(mod edit:methods) hoping that I would not wake up the next morning. Well as I'm still typing you can tell it didn't work. This is not my first time trying something like this. My wife doesn't know.

She says she loves me and ask if there is anything she can do. I'm done begging for sex and don't want guilt sex. I'm at the end of my rope. I don't really want a divorce and have an adult daughter that I love more than anything so I don't want to hurt her but not sure how much longer I can go on like this.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2016
  2. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Hello Lost, I am Mox

Thank you for joining us here at SF. Thank you for sharing your story with us, I know that is not an easy thing to do. Feel free to read my personal story below in green. Just know that when you are here, you are safe. No one will judge you. No one will ridicule you. That behavior is not tolerated here. You mention you are suicidal. Do you know why we feel suicidal? I am suicidal too.

I see the frustration with your marriage is obviously stressing you out. Anything else going on in your life that is stressing you out, or causing you pain?

I understand your daughter, and you don't want to hurt her. Friday night, you tried to commit suicide. Which of these scenarios do you think she would want to see A) divorce from her mom , she is an adult , she will be fine. B) Her father dying?? Which of these two scenarios will hurt her less?

Let's be honest here, your wife is not going to change. Whatever, the reason is, it is not going to go away. You sound like you have been fighting this fight for a long time , you gave it your all. It's just not working out, your attempting suicide to cope with the marriage, it's time to get out of the marriage. I get the impression you have been faithful to your wife, which is condemnable considering the situation.

Give yourself a chance to be happy.

Take Care