Not sure if this is the right place for this or not

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ZombiePringle, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Now basically for years I have had a serious problem with lotion. It seems everytime my hand even touches water I have to constantly put lotion on my hands for hours. Sometimes every 5 minutes. If I don't have access to lotion I end up having slight anxiety problems. Now i'm not sure if this is OCD or something or maybe I'm just thinking too much into it.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

The best opinion to get would be from a doctor. It sounds like it could by OCD but I don't know what the criteria is for a OCD diagnosis.

3. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

wow it's funny that you should mention lotion because i use to have the biggest problem putting it on all the time. i live in a dry climate which didn't help and like yourself every time my hands touched water i had to put it on. one time i was traveling with a friend to the store. the store was about 5 miles away from her house. in that five miles i put lotion on 13 times. it's probably an ocd thing, but do you know how i changed this for myself. i began taking fish oil for another problem but it helped with the dry feeling. now i put lotion on maybe two to three times a day is it. just a suggestion. take care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.