1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ZombiePringle, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Now basically for years I have had a serious problem with lotion. It seems everytime my hand even touches water I have to constantly put lotion on my hands for hours. Sometimes every 5 minutes. If I don't have access to lotion I end up having slight anxiety problems. Now i'm not sure if this is OCD or something or maybe I'm just thinking too much into it.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

The best opinion to get would be from a doctor. It sounds like it could by OCD but I don't know what the criteria is for a OCD diagnosis.

3. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

wow it's funny that you should mention lotion because i use to have the biggest problem putting it on all the time. i live in a dry climate which didn't help and like yourself every time my hands touched water i had to put it on. one time i was traveling with a friend to the store. the store was about 5 miles away from her house. in that five miles i put lotion on 13 times. it's probably an ocd thing, but do you know how i changed this for myself. i began taking fish oil for another problem but it helped with the dry feeling. now i put lotion on maybe two to three times a day is it. just a suggestion. take care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.