Not sure of anything

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Kristie, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kristie

Kristie Active Member

Hi, I am new here and so not sure of anything anymore. Have been fighting this depression off and on for about 8 years now and each time I go through a cycle it seems to get harder and harder. Tried to overdose several times and was always dissapointed when I was unsucessful. It just seems like this black hole I am in is getting bigger and bigger and I cannot seem to find my way out. I feel like no one around me understands me and I am so sick and tired of people asking me what wrong with me!! The couple of times I did tell someone how I was feeling they pretty much told me to get over myself and that I was just feeling sorry for myself. Well, truth be known I am not feeling sorry for myself. If I could feel anything at all anymore maybe I could feel sorry for myself but all i feel is numb. Am too tired and empty to feel anything else. I just dont know what to do anymore. I just want it all to end.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Sharing what you are going through is doing something for yourself. Have you spoken to a professional about what you are going through? You deserve to feel better. Thanks for posting and please continue to as I know so many people who do relate to what you have written

3. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

nobody here will tell you to get over yourself!! i hope you find you are able to get some support from the site and that we can help you out :)

4. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Hi - Welcome to a bunch of us who aren't sure of anything either (seriously, not making fun of you), and have problems with depression. We do care a lot about each other, and try to help each other stay safe for the day. We've got a section here where you can rant if that's what you need to do, or if you're in a crisis situation, post in that forum and you'll probably find people who can relate and talk you through it.

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

welcome kristie.. have you talked to your psych team about how the fight with the depression and wanting to end it all is going for you now??? do not know yet if you are bipolar or just fighting severe depression now.. lots of different meds on the market which help lots fighting this beast. therapy and maybe a support group for you.. do not think anyone here is going to tell you to just get over it.. hope you keep talking on here cause lots of others on here are fighting some of the same demons.. tc, Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.