Not sure this counts..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ScouseJM, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

Since the break up over 2 months ago I hardly eat. In the first 5 weeks I lost 7 kilos. I have gained back I think half a kilo since but thats about it. I try to eat but am never hungry, so I make myself eat at least sometimes but often - not every time - I throw up the food. Dont know what to do? Never had the kind of feeling of being fat or anything but funny enough since ive become thinner and lost the weight coz of depression, it makes me think I am too fat now??
  2. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

I have the same problem, i have to force myself to eat because i am never hungry. I have gone for days without remembering to eat or drink anything, but then when i do eat i get sick. It is mainly due to the fact that you need to give your body time to adjust to eating again, so try smaller, more frequent meals, and that should not happen. Hope you feel better soon *huggles*

~if your going through hell, keep on moving~
  3. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

thanks carol xxx
  4. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with if it "counts," you know? It doesn't have to have a title. If it's a problem then it's a problem regardless of if it has a name. I'm not sure one would really call it an eating disorder since it's not so much a conscious decision, but it's no less serious. If it doesn't get better I'd talk to a doctor, because regardless of my personal feelings about them (and we won't go there), they'd be much better equipped to handle your situation than you or me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.