Not sure what do.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Will1001, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will1001

Will1001 New Member

Hi all,

I've been put in a bad situation in the few months and unsure what do do.

Basically, as it stands now, I have no family and am completely alone. I'm 26 years old with no money and a tremendous amount of debt from student loans (150k) My mother passed away from cancer about 4 months ago. My father is an absolute wreck, using drugs and alchohol. He was abusive to my mother 2 brothers and myself. One of my brothers whom I was very close with committed suicide in 2009. I miss him dearly as well.

My father has disowned me, and placed restraining orders on me so that I cannot talk or visit with him.He has also taken me out of his will.

I have one brother that is worthless and could care less about anyone but himself. He won't even answer my phone calls or emails when I need someone to speak with.

With that said, I have no family, nobody I can turn to for help or advice when I need it most.

I have a few friends that have helped me, but I'm afraid I have worn my welcome with many of them.

I have been extremely depressed because of all that has happened. One year ago, I had a perfectly normal life with a loving family (my mom) and everything seemed to be ok. Now it is exactly the opposite.

I am emotionally, physically, and financally distressed in a manner that is unbelievable.

I have lost my job because I was no longer able to perform due to extreme anxiety and depression. I also have some serious physical health problems that I won't go into now.

I don't have a girlfriend, never had a serious relationship. I am shy with women and very impatient.

I just feel like the world has turned on me. I have nothing but grief in my life now. nothing to be happy about.

If i wasn't for the few friends I have, I would have taken on my own life a long time ago.

I'm just heartbroken about everything that has happened and I don't know if I have the strength to pick up the pieces and move on.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome, Will...firstly, if you are in the US, go to the social services office and see what emergency entitlements you qualify for ...although some have been reduced, some important ones still remain (e.g. supported housing, food stamps, Medicaid for health care, etc.)...and see if you can work with a grief/crisis counselor to get a plan in place to move forward...from a sense of overwhelm, it is very difficult to develop those types of plans on your own...and seek support here...there are many people who struggle with what you have written and some who have information concerning what support you can get...welcome again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.