Not sure what to do... Advice please?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Epiphany, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epiphany

Epiphany Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this, but it seems to fit my problem best.

I went to a doctor a few years ago because I was feeling down a lot. She did a bunch of tests with me, and diagnosed me as bipolar. She gave me lamictal (sp?) for it and told me I'd feel better in a few weeks. Well after a month of being on it, my boyfriend at the time broke up with me and I felt so horrible that I got drunk and SH. I went back and told my doctor about it and she redid the tests and told me I wasn't bipolar exactly, but that my depression and manic episodes were caused by events in my life.

Lately, since my mother moved to a different continent to teach English, I've been feeling down and doing some not-so-smart things. I'm wondering if it would be worth my time and money to go back to my doctor and get anti-depressants or if I should just ride this out. It's a pretty big change in my life and I'm lost right now.

2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I would say go to the doctor and see what they can do for you. Maybe a different doctor than you had last time even. It could get worse possibly if it goes untreated. And If you don't like what they try to do for you at the doctor then just simply don't do it.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Good idea to get another doctor and get psychologist that can help you with some talk therapy. If meds a needed antidepressant can help Let the doctor know what has been happening be totally honest okay. take care and i hope you start healing Keep posting here as lots of support here to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.