Not sure what to do now guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

lachrymose27

I don't want to be depressed, but it's stuck with me. Everytime i think of applying for a job, depression seeps in. I feel scared somehow... i can go to work but within 2 weeks want to quit. I feel like I can't work, i'm mentally unstable to. But i need to help mother pay bills. its tough for her also during these economic times. But I really can't bring myself to work... i don't know what I can do that i won't feel uncomfortable doing. Therapy isn't helping me. i feel as if the medication is worsening my depression. The therapist tells me to think of the happy times. he tells me to think of the happy times that i had as a kid. Stupidly, i answered him without really knowing the answer myself. Now he thinks if I think about my childhood i would feel better. But i guess I was never happy during my childhood even though I wasn't mature enough yet to understand depression. Now, i'm back to the state where my depression was worst: What is the point? I can't work... I don't know why I can't... But i just can't do it... I really want to give up.

do you think you are getting good help from your therapist? thinking happy thoughts is pretty crappy advice. many of us had terrible childhoods. it can be hard work to get better. you need a good therapist to help you on that path...

lachrymose27

i don't know if i'm getting good help from therapists. the point is that they listen while you divulge your feelings to them no?

he did tell me to close my eyes and think back on the happy days, which i never really had. as a kid, you can't be unhappy... so what is there to think about? I'm depressed now and i need help.

Nice therapist, but he's not really helping. scared that suicide is the only option

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Hey you will feel worse before you get better sometimes in therapy It depends n what your dealing with. Maybe like said a new therapist is needed if not helping you at all. Talk to your doctor get new meds for your depression if the ones your on not working Talk to your doc as well about leave from work for awhile or get on disability until you are stable hugs to you

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
There are many options to exhaust before you even consider that...as TE said, maybe interviewing another therapist to see if s/he is someone who you can disclose more to...you deserve to be well cared for...J

lachrymose27

thanks guys. felt really depressed earlier... i just needed to write down my hurt. i do know therapy can't help me, i need to help myself. i hope that realization can make me stronger..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00