Not Sure What To Do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by The Lonely Writer, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Lonely Writer

    The Lonely Writer New Member

    Hi everyone.

    I'm in a really horrible family situation where my little sister is with my birth parents, and there's basically no legal action that I can take to get her away from them. Parental rights are impossible to overcome without extremely good, third party observation, and that's something I just don't have.

    I feel trapped between caring for her and being happy at all, and I'm thinking of hurting or killing myself. I can't keep going on like this. It's been so hard to find a lawyer to talk to, and it was all a waste of time. I don't want to do this anymore, but I don't feel like I can give up on her. I just want out, and killing myself seems to be the easiest way.

    Any thoughts are welcome.
  2. Sadeyes

    Sadeyes Staff Alumni

    Are there any child protective services in your area? They usually have pro bono attorneys and good social workers? Also, is there a criminal science training program at a university or a law school? Again, there you can find free of luck to you and how fortunate your sister is
  3. The Lonely Writer

    The Lonely Writer New Member

    Tried CPS and a related service. Criminal science is an idea.

    And how fortunate she is?
  4. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    She is fortunate that she has YOU hun to help her and she will always need you hun so please call authorities then if you fear for your sister and put in a complaint they will have to come out and see what is the problem then the police will
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.