Not sure what to do.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dancingbrit523, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So for the past few weeks ive started to have urges to cut again and the last time I cut was in August of last year. But this past week I have been having suicidal thoughts and those I haven't had since I was in high school. I am not so sure why this is all happening again. Like, I've been having relationship issues with my girlfriend and we both mutually decided to end it last night because there isn't much we can both do at the moment. We both talked and said we aren't going to look for anyone new and we might get back together. I feel okay with that but there's another reason why all of these things are happening again. It can't be just that but I can't figure out what it is. Like, last night I was trying to fall asleep and suicide just popped in my mind and it kept me awake for another hour. My urges to cut have been the strongest ever and I am doing everything I possibly can to distract myself but I feel like I am on the edge and just want to give in because I miss it so much.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm sorry that you are having such strong urges to cut. I know how hard that can be to deal with, as I sometimes feel tempted to return to that. You said you don't know what is causing these feelings, are you sure you haven't been triggered by anything? Has anything changed lately to make you feel this way?

3. Nothing really has changed. I shouldnt be feeling this way. I have a job I love and my life is going good now. I spoke to someone on 7cupsoftea (which is an awesome site if anyone is interested) and they said that these feelings could come up if i never resolved or came to terms with problems of my past. That does make sense but i dont understand the suicidal thoughts. Like why do these feelings have to go that far? The other night when i was trying to sleep, i had thoughts of killing myself and got so scared that my mind is now thinking like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.