Not sure what to do...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Crunch776, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crunch776

Crunch776 New Member

I don't know what i'm doing here, i'm not usually one for opening up to people... especially people i dont know but i have a real problem and i have no idea what i should do...

I've been with my girlfriend for almost a year now and up until a few months ago when something happened it's been great, but things just started going down hill. I love her more than anything but it's just not working out between us anymore... it doesnt help with the fact that it's a long distance relationship. So anyway my problem is that i can't break up with her, the idea of splitting has been mentioned before and she says that if i ever left her she would commit suicide. I really do believe her, she's had a history of self harm and depression.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated... :sad:

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I am so sorry. That must be a tremendous weight she has put on your shoulders.
    I would say that it is important you break things off with her now, and try to get her whatever help you can. The longer you stay with her, the worse it's going to get. If anyone ever says that they will commit suicide if you leave them, it is definitely important to end the relationship. I would definitely recommend that over sticking it out to see if they get better first, which people do. It juts ends up getting worse.
    Once you do break up with her, and if you really do think she will kill herself when you do, try to call a family member or hospital near her before or after you do so.

I broke up with a girl once who before she went in the house said I have nothing left to live for thanks a lot I'm going to kill myself. I called the suicide hotline or something like that and told them and asked them what I should do so they called the hospital. They brought her to the hospital and I guess she's doing ok now. Well I don't think she's doing great but at least she's still alive. She doesn't talk to me now but I think that one day she will thank me.

3. Crunch776

Crunch776 New Member

I can't just break it off with her right now, her parents are away for the next few weeks and theres no other family members close by to contact... as soon as i do break up with her she's going to try something. I'd prefer to do it in person but like i said it's long distance.. i don't think i can last another few weeks like this.

4. fromthatshow

Her life is not your responsibility. You have to do what's best for you. Get her help in any way you can think of, but I would definitely say that you are going to be torturing yourself by continuing on with this. Do it is as soon as you can. I know how you feel and that kind of burden is awful. Get help if you can if it not just pray that she'll be ok it's all you can do. Her life is not your responsibility.
    :hug:

5. Crunch776

Crunch776 New Member

I can't do that, i'd rather torture myself this way than live the rest of my life knowing that i could have stopped it if something happens to her... i wouldn't be able to live with myself... I understand what you're saying but i don't think theres a chance in hell i could break it off knowing there wouldn't be anyone there to help her or look after her.

6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

tell her about this forum. we'll help her.

7. fromthatshow

Well then I'd just say do it when you know she'll be safe, and until then try to keep yourself sane. It's a lot of pressure. I know where you're at :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.