Not sure what to do....

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by SAVE_ME, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Need a little advice. See, a couple of weeks ago I started my new job. Well...it's my first job really, but after being there for a few weeks now, I just really want to quit. It's so demoralising! Everything about it just depresses me so much! The staff, my colleagues, the customers....god, just makes me want to die. Thing is, I have to commute from another city too, because I'm away studying at university, and it's hell going back and forth like this everyday. And it's affecting my studies too. I have a report due on Tuesday but I haven't had nearly as much time to work on it as I would've liked. I have to work tonight from 6 til 10 which isn't so bad, but then tomorrow I'm there from 12 til 10 - 10 hours! And I'm really not looking forward to it! Some of the staff are really b*tchy, and having to deal with the customers too....oh, and if one more person comes up to me and asks if I work there I WILL snap! Let's see, I'm wearing a shirt with the company's logo on the back in big bold lettering, and I have a name tag, no I don't work there! I just think I look good in that shirt! Yeesh!

I wasn't even planning on working there either. I applied back in May but didn't get the job, and then they called me up the day I moved out to go to uni cause they needed Christmas staff. At first I thought, "hey it's a job, bit of extra money won't kill me" but it's hell! I'm sick of being b*tched at to do my job faster and to pick up the pace. I'm sick of my stuck up, two-faced backstabbing colleagues! Yeah, I know every job can be like that but I could at least tolerate it if it were somewhere close by and easier to get to and from everyday.

I dunno what I should do....I kinda did quit once before, but I ended up having a heated argument with my brother and parents over it and they convinced me to go back and stick it out, but I seriously just cannot do this anymore! I really don't want to go in today, but if I don't I'll be letting a lot of people down. I just can't stand another SECOND in that place, let alone 10 hours.

2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Mm i know how that feels. it's tough. but think, do you need the money? i'm only staying at my job cos i need the cash. can you find another job? that wuld be a good solution, after all then you can quit this one, but still have a job and your parents cant be so mad about it.
    Try and talk to your parents. If that's an option. Tell them how it makes you feel. Ask if you they have any suggestions.
    :hug: I hope things work out for you.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Why not keep this job and look for another which is more to your liking? hope things work out...J

4. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.