Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by helpme0610, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helpme0610

helpme0610 New Member

Recently I got in trouble with the police, and as a result I got suspended from my job and can't partake in hobby of mine. Whilst I don't think jail will be the outcome, I won't be able to pursue the career I've always wanted! As you can imagine I'm slightly pissed at all!!!

I've been thinking that suicide would be an easy way out. I already suffer from self harm, and lately I've been cutting on the under-side of my forearm, something which I've never really done. I'm worried that I will try to end my life. Only a couple of people know what's happened, the rest have been told something else, but I still don't have anyone to be fully candid with :(

I'm not sure how much of that made sense (I'm drinking atm). But any help would be nice.

2. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

well, while i cant relate 100% i would like to say im sure suicide is not the answer for you

situations arise and it sucks, but they arent always good...finding a way to deal with the situation is what needs to be done, and well, if you continue posting here, me and a lot of other people will try to help you make sense of it all

3. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

Hi there.. Welcome to SF..

Sorry things are not going well for you at the moment..
    Could you go to your GP and explain how this is making you feel? Im sure there are lots of people out there such as counselors.. who would be willing to help you get through this..
    Im sorry i cant give you any direct advice.. maybe you could share a little more with us?

Remember suicide is a permanent solution to what could be a temporary problem..

Take care x

4. helpme0610

helpme0610 New Member

I tried counselling before, for my self harm, and it didn't prove that effective. So I don't see the point of going again.

I don't really want to go into detail about what's happened with the police. But let me ask you this, if everything you were, are and want to be got destroyed how would you feel?

5. ready

ready Member

probably like a little choir boy who is raped by a trusted catholic priest then told to shut up about it and pushed away by the rest of the community for speaking out.

or that guy who said his kid could go watch the train go by by himself and then found him dead a few minutes later because the kid was struck.

or the woman whose husband divorces her because he discovers he's gay after 30 years of marriage.

or people in Haiti whose business and livelihood were crushed by the big quake.

my point is that people reinvent themselves all the time. it is my true belief (one that keeps me going) that everything happens for a reason. there is a lesson to be learned from everything and in that lesson strength.

okay it sounds silly and cliche, but i do believe it. i have to because i would cave if i didn't! i don't got religion so i use crap like this. ha!

6. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you're going through this. :( I know it sucks but you need to hold on- it doesn't feel like it now but this will pass and you will figure out a way to deal with everything. Stay strong, we're all here for you. :hug:

7. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

Hello..

Maybe even though it didnt benifit you before.. it could help in the situation you find yourself in now? sometimes it good to have a 'neutral' person to talk to..
    Im guessing your question was rhetorical.. but i can say that im sure many of us here have lost something or had to sacrifice things due to our depression.. so we can relate..
    I hope you are feeling a little better today..
    Take care x

8. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

Hi Helpme,

I am bery very sorry for you situation. I just said a prayer for you. I know you feel pretty bad now ,but wait to see how it works out. Maybe if you explain the effect of this on your career to the authorites you can make a deal to have it dropped to a lesser thing or sealed in a file.

I don't really want to go into detail about what's happened with the police. But let me ask you this, if everything you were, are and want to be got destroyed how would you feel?
    If life has taught me one thing its that you never know what can and cant be done and how things will ultimately work out. DONT give up hope there may be a way out of this and of fixing things.

I am here for you want to talk anytime.THINGS may work out differently than you think. DONT GIVE UP PLEASE. Let us know as much about things as you can. We will help you find a way to get through this! Sending love and hope to you!!!!

Write if you like,

Marty

9. NoWayForward

NoWayForward Member

Permanent solution to temporary problem

It's a bit premature, I think. You haven't yet proven that you cannot progress to something truly fantastic one day. You still have many doors open: tactical ones (such as plea/expungement) and strategic ones (such as retraining/redirecting your skills/career), and I expect there is still much you could make with your life and yourself, even minus something which you love.

Take time to reevaluate. You have all the time in the world

10. UnkelHeit

UnkelHeit Well-Known Member

I've had some run ins with the law so I understand what you're going through. You might not want to hear this but it might have been the best thing to happen to save you from going down a certain road. Like Ready said people reinvent themselves. I don't want to bring up anything triggering. So, imagine what a mafia informant has to go through. Not only do they have to reinvent themselves but they're cut off from everything in their previous life. It doesn't have to be the end of the world unless you let it. There's always other doors to go through. Many people have hopes and dreams that are squashed. It's just a matter of dusting yourself off and trying to find a way to move on. It usually doesn't turn out as bad as you think. Things get plead down and so forth. Wait until you talk to an attorney and explain to them how it could affect things to see how grim the outlook is.

11. Marty482

PLEASE let us know how you are. You are in my prayers.

12. helpme0610

helpme0610 New Member

Well, not much has changed; I still can't see anyway out of the s**t pit I'm in. I haven't attempted anything, though I have thought about it, and planned. I've been keeping myself busy by working at my second job (which is only a couple of hours in the evening) and by drinking vodka at night; there's nothing else for me to do.

Thanks for all of your concerns. I probably won't do anything, at least until I am sure that I can't do my job. I'll find that out after asking my solicitor.

13. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

If everything I were, are and want to be, was detroyed how would I feel? Devestated, but I would hope that I would have the strength to continue working towards my goals. Also I would second guess if it was the right goal for me if can be easily taken away from me. You made a mistake, learn from it, and grow from it. We are human after all. If I did not have the strength I would get mine where I get my hope and that is Yahweh, but that is me. Blessings..

14. Marty482

No matte what happens come back and let us know . Talk to us. We do love and care about you!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.