Not sure what to do.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by buzz38, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buzz38

buzz38 New Member

Hi,

I think I am suffering from depression, I have not been to see anyone yet, I wasn't even sure that there was anything wrong. I have looked up the symptoms of depression and I think I fit most of them.

I know I am not happy with life, I don't enjoy it. I know I should, I have a wonderful wife and two lovely children. It doesn't matter what I do I never feel happy.

I can't remember the last time I was happy, a very long time ago.

I am thinking of going to see my GP but I don't think there is a magic pill you can take that makes things 'happy' again, I know I need to do something as I can't keep going on like this.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Buzz and welcome...I think you should talk to your doctor and persue what treatment would be right for you...you and your family deserve for you to feel better...thanks for sharing and welcome again, J

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

welcome. i think talking to your doctor is a good first step. depression is very treatable. with the right treatment you can feel better again. i talked to my doctor three years ago about my suicidal feelings and it was the best decision i ever made. i was diagnosed as bipolar, got help from a community mental health team, and have learned how to live with depression. if you have any questions about how to talk to your doctor just ask me, i'm happy to share my experiences.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

definitely talk to your doctor okay You will get some help to get you feeling a little more stable Meds also give you some energy i find Let us know how it goes okay hugs

5. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

What about your wife? I mean, 'for better or worse' actually means what it says - I'm sure she will not think any less of you if you telll her your feelings and she might say "yes, I know"

Try it.

6. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

Of course I agree with everyone above, go see your doc. Our bodies tell us when something is wrong, dont ignore the signs. I to am a mother of 2 and I know how overwhelming and just plain tiring that is.

First question from me would be what do you do for yourself? You cant forget that you still need rest and relaxation. I know it feels like you need to do everything but its okay to need help and its okay to feel tired and burnt out.

Give yourself a pick me up, do something to make yourself feel better. Remember all the little things you use to do before your children.

Hope you feel better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.