not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pancake111, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

I'm only 16, and throught out this whole year I've told myself i was going to kill myself so many times, i've lost count. I've been on medication for a few months, and the thoughts went away, but now they are coming back. I'm scared to talk to my therapist or best friend about it. I don't know what to do
  2. LoveBeing

LoveBeing Well-Known Member

What’s going on in your life? Is there any particular reason for those thoughts?

Maybe you need to change your medication. Don’t be scared to talk to your therapist. He/she is there to help you…

I don’t know if it’s a good idea to talk to your friend about your suicidal thoughts as your friend probably does not know what to do, either if your friend is also about your age. However, maybe you can talk to your friend what may be bothering you?

With loving wishes...
  3. the_only_one

the_only_one Well-Known Member

I'm also 16 friends might be nice to talk to but don't. Use your therapist. First off your friens have no idea what this is truly like they just think we are sad. But it is soo much deeper than that and secondly no matter how trust worth they are things always seem to slip out ..change your meds would be the best choice.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Don't be afraid to open up to your therapist.. They can't put together a treatmant plan for you if your not honest with them..Talking about suicide is normal.. Just don't tell them your going to do it or they have no choice but to report it to the police..Have faith in them..Also if your meds were working you might just need an increase in the doseage..Talk to your pdoc about that..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.