1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure where to ask, looking for info

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by limegreen, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. limegreen

    limegreen Guest

    I am new to this forum. Found a link on google. I am very depressed. Stress of being a single parent, in and out of a relationship that seems to go nowhere, lots of regrets, self-esteem issues, debt.. blah blah blah. I have attempted suicide in the past, overdosed on my anti-depressants. I was 17. I'm 22, just had my birthday. I don't feel loved. Don't feel I've accomplished anything in life. I just broke up with my child's father for the millionth time. I just don't trust him. When this happens I become very suicidal but refuse to lower my self to attempt it because I think of my daughter. I know I need to move on from my ex, but I feel alone without him.

    My question is, what kind of help can I get without medical insurance? I can't afford medical insurance. My ex is paying for my daughters. I'm not sure how much longer I can pretend to stay strong. I don't want to leave my 3 year old daughter and have her think this was somehow her fault. Any help would be great. Thank you.

    Also, I am in the bay area of California if that makes a difference.
  2. snowraven

    snowraven Well-Known Member

    Welcome to the forum. Sorry to read about your troubles and hope that you will be able to find the help you are looking for here at sf. I'm from the UK so can't give you any advice about your insurance problem but I'm sure someone will come up with that for you. What I can say is that if you have a little girl then that alone is a reason to keep going. I've been on the edge a few times now but each time it has been the thought of what would happen to my daughter that has stopped me doing anything. Hope you can find the strength to come through these hard times. Best wishes.S.:smile:
  3. mdmefontaine

    mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

    hi. i have 2 lovely daughters. i am a u.s. citizen - but now live in canada.

    the fact of not being able to permanently damage my daughters. . . keeps me alive. i know where you are coming from - great pain

    facts are. . they do need us. it does make a difference. and. it will always affect who they are.

    so somehow - - we have to hang on- - we just do.

    s.f. saved my life. and continues to do so. please keep reaching out to us - pm me anytime if you want to talk /vent/ w/e. and know we are here.
  4. Sadeyes

    Sadeyes Staff Alumni

    Hi and glad you found us...in the Bay area...how fortunate...my second fav in the US..you can find many mental health clinics in your area which are on a sliding scale...why not contact the local chapter of the Amer Psych Association to see what is available...also, Un of San Fran Medical Center (Hospital) has extraordinary services, again at a nominal fee...best of luck and welcome again, big hugs, J
  5. Stranger1

    Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

    If you are going to leave then you need to set a plan in motion. Go to social services and apply for help benefits such as medicaid, food stamps, housing, Etc. Etc. Etc. You having a child they won't refuse you help. About the only way they would refuse is if you have abused the privledge in the past. You should also seek help for your state of mind. You have already told us that you love your child, and she/he looks for your guidance and the bond only a mother can give. I wish you luck!!~Joseph~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.