Not sure where to begin

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Racelion, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Racelion

Racelion New Member

Whoa, this forum looks overwhelming. Just signed up a couple minutes ago, first Google hit for "suicide out of loneliness" led me to an article on this site. That's essentially where I am. I am having trouble reaching out to the limited people in my life because I don't want to bring them into my mess -- or else, I do, and they've rejected me on that account. Chronically depressed, they call me bipolar, big hit this year because I can no longer take lithium due to physical medical issues. But that's an excuse; even non-depressed, I've always been socially decrepit. No idea what else to say for now, but I hope this idea turns into a relief and I *sincerely* hope the article I read wasn't just a couched ad for this space...thx for reading....

2. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to SF Racelion. You will find a lot of people here who are dealing with depression, bipolar, anxiety etc. Its a great group. You will not be judged here. You will find support and suggestions. My first one would be don't get overwhelmed by the site. Just explore it as you feel comfortable. And post as you feel comfortable.

3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to post your story in the My Story section. There is also a chat room ( button is in bottom righthand corner)

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I understand you are scared but tell us your story. We are here for YOU.

5. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Thank you for joining us here at SF. I personally look forward to hearing about you and what has brought you to this corner of the web. I invite you to read my personal story below in green and just know you are not the only in pain. You are not the only one suffering. Everyone here is fighting their own battles. While you are here, you are safe. No one will harass you or insult you in any manner. That BS is not tolerated here. I hate to hear that you are suicidal. You must have a lot of stuff going on in your life for you to feel this way. Do you know why we feel suicidal? (I am suicidal too, btw) If you don't know would you like for me to explain it to you? I want you to promise me that if you ever feel like you are in danger of hurting yourself, you will take yourself to the nearest ER, and get the help you need. There is no shame in getting help.

I would personally love to hear more about you. What are your dreams? What do you want out of life? What issues do you think , you need help with? How can we help you get into a better place?

Feel free to PM/IM me anytime if you just want to chat or want to talk about something in a private manner.

Take Care