not sure where to turn.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Satorilynn, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Satorilynn

Satorilynn Member

I'm so depressed and lonely that I'm not sure where to turn. All I want to do is die. I have tried to talk to my doctor but he doesn't help. Maybe if I die he will finally notice
  2. shermana55

shermana55 Active Member

Satorilynn, I have felt how you have. I have felt so dark, hopeless, dismal, that all I wanted to do was escape from the pain. But that is a PERMANENT solution to a temporary problem. Do not give up hope. Please message me if you need to talk to someone. I promise, there is a light beyond the darkness. Right now, you may not be able to see it. You have a beautiful bright future awaiting you filled with glimmers of joy and happiness. I see hope in you because you have reached out on this forum. That little thread of hope is what you need to hold on to. Get angry at your depression, fight back. Don't let it win. YOU are not your depression. Picture depression like a cloud. Some days clouds fill the sky and darkness ensues, but eventually the clouds pass. Depression is like a cloud too, it is a feeling, but it passes. And though it plagues some more than others (it plagues me often) I have to remind myself that it will pass.

Are you seeing a psychiatrist or a therapist? Have you considered medication or trying a different doctor?

Sending love your way.

3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I agree with Alana what about a different doctor or a counsellor or even the hospital. Or a helpline might be able to give you some resources.
  4. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

If that is how you feel, you need a new counselor.

So say you kill yourself, did you make this doctor notice? Did that help you? Of course it didn't help. So stop considering that to be a solution.

Make a call and start interacting with people you feel are helpful.
  5. Satorilynn

Satorilynn Member

Thank you all. I talked to a counselor who got me a different doctor. I meet with them this morning.. I hope things change. I'm soo nervous