Not sure where to write this

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Shauna Lea, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Its really weird. Sometimes ill b driving along and go through traffic lights or something like that and wish that someone ran a red light and hit me, or that i just have some sort of car accident. Thats just one example but there r a few things like that which i think about when im feeling really depressed. Does anyone else feel like this? What should i do about it? ive never heard n e 1 mention it b4....please wb

2. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

When I used to commute by train, I would sometimes find myself imagining the train in a head on collision. Quite a disturbing thought. I used to take outrageous risks on the road when I cycled - I just didn't care if I was hit or not. The thoughts were related to my suicidal feelings. I would say if you feel a little overwhelmed by the thoughts, try switching on the radio, or some soothing music - it helped me anyway. Quite relieved I'm not the only one who has experienced things like this.

3. mal

mal Member

sometimes i think about taking it up to 100 then crashing into a pole. the possibility of surviving and burning to death or something keeps me from actually doing it. but thats usually when im really down like you said mostly after a depressing and disapointing day at school.

4. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

hun :( evertime i go by metro i wonder if this train would have been heavy enough to kill me :(

5. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

Walking on the street, I imagine myself being run over or caught in a gang shooting. Entering my highrise residence building, I imagine jumping off the roof. Standing in line at the cafeteria, I imagine reaching over the sandwich counter, grabbing the knife and stabbing it through my chest. Waiting on the platform for the subway, I imagine myself jumping in front of the train. I can't seem to avoid these thoughts.

I guess the key is to distract yourself. Singing along to your mp3 player, origami, books, anything. I've taken up knitting again. Even though I'm a guy and people give me funny looks when I do it in public. =/

6. ealdc

ealdc Guest

I have similar feelings. I often wish for a serious enough car accident that will kill me. I also imagine myself in a situation where someone is threatening someone elses life and I step in front of the bullet. Dying a hero is something I would like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.