1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure where to write this

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Shauna Lea, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

Its really weird. Sometimes ill b driving along and go through traffic lights or something like that and wish that someone ran a red light and hit me, or that i just have some sort of car accident. Thats just one example but there r a few things like that which i think about when im feeling really depressed. Does anyone else feel like this? What should i do about it? ive never heard n e 1 mention it b4....please wb

2. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

When I used to commute by train, I would sometimes find myself imagining the train in a head on collision. Quite a disturbing thought. I used to take outrageous risks on the road when I cycled - I just didn't care if I was hit or not. The thoughts were related to my suicidal feelings. I would say if you feel a little overwhelmed by the thoughts, try switching on the radio, or some soothing music - it helped me anyway. Quite relieved I'm not the only one who has experienced things like this.

3. mal

mal Member

sometimes i think about taking it up to 100 then crashing into a pole. the possibility of surviving and burning to death or something keeps me from actually doing it. but thats usually when im really down like you said mostly after a depressing and disapointing day at school.

4. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

hun :( evertime i go by metro i wonder if this train would have been heavy enough to kill me :(

5. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

Walking on the street, I imagine myself being run over or caught in a gang shooting. Entering my highrise residence building, I imagine jumping off the roof. Standing in line at the cafeteria, I imagine reaching over the sandwich counter, grabbing the knife and stabbing it through my chest. Waiting on the platform for the subway, I imagine myself jumping in front of the train. I can't seem to avoid these thoughts.

I guess the key is to distract yourself. Singing along to your mp3 player, origami, books, anything. I've taken up knitting again. Even though I'm a guy and people give me funny looks when I do it in public. =/

6. ealdc

ealdc Guest

I have similar feelings. I often wish for a serious enough car accident that will kill me. I also imagine myself in a situation where someone is threatening someone elses life and I step in front of the bullet. Dying a hero is something I would like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.