Not sure why this always happens to me

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

On Sunday night, i went out of town...took a cab there, and was going to take one back. When I called the usual cab company, there was no answer after repeated attempts at contact. The other company finally answered, after calling for about four hours on and off. Luckily the guy eventually came by, because I realized then that I had no one else to call. Essentially I would have been stranded, maybe even needing to walk up to 10-15 miles back home. I doubt a single person would have stopped, even to ask if something was wrong. I gathered that from the few times I was almost run over on the side of the road and people randomly yelling out the window that people around here aren't all that hospitable. If I had a serious crisis, I would have no one to contact, and probably wouldn't have anyone that would know or care. So that realization managed to depress me further.

I couldn't talk to anyone about how upset I was, because no one ever answers me. I can think of no one that I can call at 2 am just to talk, who wouldn't get angry at least. Email is pointless, too, since my emails are often ignored. I am sick and tired of waiting days, weeks, or even months for a response. Sure, they might be busy, but it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to respond to an email, and when I see them doing other things online or talking to other people, I can't help but feel that I am being intentionally ignored and can't help but take it personally.

It's not something that happens with a few people, it seems to happen with most people that I talk to. Why bother to talk about anything anymore when no one is there to listen?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Can you prearrange a time for the taxi driver to come back and pick you up that way you do not have the stress of having to try to call a taxi later if you have prebooked it hugs