not taking meds

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by total eclipse, Jul 21, 2009.

1. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I have been sosick lately i just cant take my medication. i think it is adding to me feeling so nauseated and sick I haven't taken it for 3 nights now I haven't really felt any withdrawal symptoms so this is good and i am not as numb anymore not feeling so dead inside but still very nauseated and sick I tried to stay on them but just can't anymore just can't.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2009
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Mary, I felt really sick on one particular medication, have you thought about lowering the dose or trying another one?
    It could also be that you're coming down with something? Is that a possibility?

3. total eclipse

I probably have kidney infection as ihave pain in my back and fever but the meds always made me feel nauseated I am just tired thats all feeling of why bother i guess I can make it without them I see my T today and hopefull can make appointment with my GP to get antibiotics So much to do just no energy to do it.

4. total eclipse

Yup starting on antibiotic today bad kidney infection blah. Will think about taking cipralex when i am feeling better but not now to ill

5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Mary how does your doctor feel about you stopping your meds? You have been under so much stress and in such a bad place these days that it seems unwise to go against your doctor? Did he tell you to stop?

6. total eclipse

No noone knows i stopped them but i am okay without them.I have been off them 3 nights now Ijust hate taken medication now i have to take antibiotic twice day god too many meds Just the thoughts of taking meds make me sick. I wil be okay without them now. I really don't care about anything anymore really.

7. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Hey Mary,

Please tell your doctor that you've stopped your meds. Who knows, maybe that was the right thing to do anyway? The meds put a lot of strain on your kidneys and liver, and maybe he can prescribe something that will help with that.

It's always best to tell him, even if its not what he wants to hear. That way, he can make much more informed decisions on what to do next. Maybe he can see you more, while you're taking a break from the meds.

Hope you feel better soon!

Max

8. total eclipse

I don't want anyone to be upset with me I feel like i failed again iwill take meds tonight i just am tired thats all. please don't worry i will start taking them tonight bye

9. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Hi Mary,

We aren't mad. We're only giving advice, and its not to say we're right either. You have to make the decision on what advice to take. As I said, I know where your coming from wanting to stop the meds, and perhaps it is the right thing to do. Just consult with you're doctor on it as well is what I'm trying to say.

I promise you no one is mad. We are here for you! And even though sometimes we may not support your decisions , we will ALWAYS support YOU!

Again, sorry you're feeling this low at the moment. Hope you get getter soon! Take care!

Max

10. total eclipse

I have not told anyone about not taking my meds i am too frightened too really. I am feeling better with the antibiotics though finally the pain in my back is going away. still very weak and tired dizzy too. I think i am better feeling the saddness and pain maybe it will finally come out of me and go away. I don't see T for almost 3 weeks He is on vacation. My brain wants me to go away now i have everyone help I did good getting them help but i am tired doing all this work i am too tired to deal with me and all my pain and thoughts. The meds made me feel so numb not me but less depression I will try to hold off them until Therapist gets back and then i will tell him what i did if i can. Don't you think letting the pain out is better instead of covering it up with meds I don't know will talk with T when he returns.

11. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I did the same thing. I quit my meds, and I didn't tell my psychiatrist because I was afraid he'd be angry. I would rather suffer than feel so numb for my entire life, just as long as I feel alive. Otherwise life isn't worth living.

Anyway, I think there are other options available. I went to a naturopath and got blood tests done. As expected they found that my levels were low in certain important mood-regulators like dopamine, etc. as well as some other areas. They are now able to target those with a specific nutrition/vitamin/mineral plan, so that my levels may be naturally raised up to a healthy level.

I understand if you felt you couldn't take the meds anymore. I think it would be wise to at least look into the underlying cause of your depression though. This method won't just numb the symptoms, it'll treat the problem. Worth a shot!

12. total eclipse