not that i deserve it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by anotherearthplease27, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anotherearthplease27

anotherearthplease27 Well-Known Member

Hi.....I certainly dont deserve help...but maybe it would help someone in a similar position to can i ask if people would share....has anyone else fought suicidal thoughts for years(i mean years 10+) , really struggled and then overcame or found a way to cope/be happy/content? plus i guess i never asked anyone this...i know depression is an ongoing battle(or often can be) ther e a point ,if you are "happy", that these thoughts disapate...or will I always have something that might trigger them?

i could use some success stories and want to be realistic at the same time.

thank you.
  2. Kent

Kent Member

8 years ago I tried to commit suicide. Since then I have often depression. But I do not wrestle with it. I took it as a part of themselves.
  3. Sent

Sent Banned Member

I was stable for 3 months. But situations caused me to breakdown again.

I love ur name btw, I woild love another world to live in :-(
  4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Yes. Since I was a teenager. Looking back on it now maybe even before then. There were two periods in my life where I felt I had control of depression:

1. for about a year mid way through university. I became so absorbed in my studies and so hopeful for the future. I thought I had purpose. There was some momentum there. It didn't last for me, but I think there is merit to the idea of finding something you care about so much it allows you to push through the bad times in hope of something better.

2. right now. Thanks to meds. The combination of seroquel and citalopram stabilizes my mood. I feel... neutral, i guess, more of the time. Depression is still there but periods of it are shorter, easier to overcome, easier to ride them out. I guess working with a psychiatrist to try to figure out a diagnosis has helped too,. I know now that I am not imagining my problems. They are real and there are people who can help me deal with them. I am not alone.
  5. anotherearthplease27

thank you for sharing..its nice to hear..sort of gives me makes sense...focusing on somrthing else to help you push through.

i am glad to hear you are doing well.btb:)
  6. anotherearthplease27

sorry to hear about your breakdown . :hugs

Hope you find your way back to least you've seen it's possible.

thanx..about my name....yes wouldnt that be grande:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.