Not the university again...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Adhara, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Adhara

Adhara Member

I'm studying to become a doctor. The problem is, this is the third time I'm doing first year. The first time, my doctor told me to quit for I was too depressed to study, I couldn't even enter the university building. Then came last year, and they told me to try... and I tried, but it was too much for me, I started skipping classes, and finally barely passed three easy subjects. Then, this year my psychiatrist has told me to put my effort into it, for she says that my frustration is in the way of my feeling better. An I was going to try, seriuosly, but... I can't. First I started skipping practical classes, and then I decided I wouldn't go to one of them. But now, today I had my favourite subject, and even though I wanted to go, I have been unable. I feel so helpless... I'm afrais I'm going to fail again, and I don't know what I will do... because the university won't accept me anymore is I fail this year, and I do really want to become a doctor...

2. Adhara

Adhara Member

I can't. Today I had university again and have been unable to get up, so I lied to my father, told him classes were at 11 (whilst today it started at ten). So I'm now in the computer feeling frustrated. If I could finish with muy life I would do it. I do really think I will never get better. Past evening I started saying mad things, my mother had to help me in bed. I remember nothing.

3. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I would say that the main thing is to talk to the university and let them know the problems you're having. Skipping classes is not the answer, as I'm sure you know, as they'll probably assume you're just messing them about. Perhaps you can come to some arrangement, like part time study, or getting notes from lecturers so that if you have to skip the odd lecture you can still keep up etc. All things are possible if you communicate that you're having problems... it's in their best interests to help you pass, not drop out.

4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Definitely discuss what your going through with your personal tutor. You don't have to say everything or even be exact. I'm sure they can help you out.

5. physician

physician Well-Known Member

Oh My GOD! It's just like I have written it!!
    It's the same with me, and also i'm studding medicine, and the same problems!