not to ring crisis places when in crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Lily_

Forum Buddy
:sad: my cpn has basically told me to stop calling crisis lines because i am ment to try and deal with it myself so if am suicidal i have to deal with it on my own even when am at the point of doing myself in

fuck them i wont bother any way

assek

what ?! that is fucking ridiculous. i see what she might be getting at, but still, that is what they are there for. how long have you been seeing this cpn?

i like you avatar by the way :)

_Lily_

Forum Buddy
i have been seeing him a few months now he seems to think that the voices i hear are just my inner voice but i dont think that they are because its different than having an inner voice

thanks am glad you like it

stig

you need to change your cpn. that is a ridiculous thing to say. we need understanding care and help when we are feeling low or suicidal. not some idiot saying pull yourself together a grt a grip. what an idiot. that really makes me angry. your cpn needs to get a different job.

assek

it sounds like you understand yourself, and your feelings. i can imagine how hard it must be for you and maybe feeling that you are not understood. maybe try out with him a little longer, and if you feel the sessions are not helping maybe try to see someone else?

yeah, i have a thing about grim reapers. i once had a dream about one 10 years ago and liked them ever since. there was one picture i had few years back, it was a grim reaper holding an angel, it was really lovely and i want to get it tattood but cant find it anywhere :-(

shuddertothink

you can always change your cpn. if someone isn't helping you, or you just don't mesh well, they can assign you someone else. Oh and just a tip, get a woman next time becuse for some reason women help men better, and men help women better, i dunno why. but give it a shot. Make sure you request someone else, they cannot refuse you.

doityourself

This is total BS and Im mad for you!!!!! Who is he to tell you not to reach out when help is needed.

I would yell and scream for what is happening to you, call the guy thats over his head and tell him what kind of advice this guy is giving out.

Doesnt make any sense, why have the option if your not going to feel secure when using it.

_Lily_

Forum Buddy
I was ment to see him today but he is off ill i dont know when the next appointment is but am going to talk to him about the voices

doityourself

I was ment to see him today but he is off ill i dont know when the next appointment is but am going to talk to him about the voices
I would, and I would suggest that you tell him that if this is over his head and doesnt feel like he can help then he needs to refer you to someone who can.

clouds

do you have to wait for him to return to work before you can see someone.If that happens here Im given the opprtunity to speak to person on call.I was thinking if you did this it might give you the chance to talk with another cpn or member from the same team..I think its awful to be told not to call them, guess if it was him feeling like life isnt worht going on he would appreciate having someone to talk with..Sometimes I find talking with a total stranger helpfull as they do not have preconceived ideas about you..Hope you still access help when you feel the need regardless of cpn opinion

IV2010

definately change your CPN..asap..
be firm with him...if you don't 'click' with the first one you have a right to try another..
I'm mad at him and I don't even know him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00