Not too good

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by RunningAway, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RunningAway

RunningAway Well-Known Member

I just don't feel too good :sad: Not dealing with things very well :mellow:

2. Shyfear

Shyfear Well-Known Member

:hug:

What's wrong dear?

3. RunningAway

I seem to have lived much of my life in fear. If not in fear then avoiding / running away from problems and situations. Right now as I sit here - I am in no danger from others - I am safe. It is a strange and unfamiliar feeling to me. I do not cope with it. I do not know what to do or how to live with safety. And although people may say "well - you should be feeling better than ever before in that case" - no - I feel about as bad as one can get :(

4. Shyfear

Hey again.

I am not an expert but I have been studying psychology for a few years and it sounds like you may have an anxiety disorder. Do you often feel anxious? Anxiety can be very disruptive in life, it causes fear and discomfort. Is there a reason that you never seem to feel safe?

5. RunningAway

I AM anxious. But yes there are reasons why I have never felt safe. Big reasons where I have been hurt both physically and emotionally. And I have had reasons to feel anxious :( I just do not seem to cope with feeling safe either now which is disorientating. It is an unknown phenomenon to me and I can not sit here and deal with that :(

6. Shyfear

Hey

Have you gone to a doctor about this? I know there are many medications that can help you reduce the anxiety. Perhaps a counselor can also help you. Generally they are good at solving these cognitive issues. I understand it may be a big step to take, but it may help and you could enjoy life again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.