Not working

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by total eclipse, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sorry to post just that i tried the meds doctor wanted me to but its not working it is just making me so tired i am laughing inappropriately crying more often then other times feel absolutely nothing. 3 weeks for nothing i tried i did i hate this feeling of failure again sorry just tired thats all
  2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hi mary. what meds r u on if u dont mind me asking? i tried citalopram but now on zoloft - 2nd week. im not feeling much better but i think these meds can take up 2 6weeks b4 u feel the benifits.
    th things u described sound like some of th side effects from anti depresants.
    hope ur ok .. hang in there :hug:
  3. total eclipse

ive been on cipralex 3 weeks 10 mg i just feel sick i hate this i wish icould just go away just too tired all time yet have to function take care of my 20yr old daughter who not well mentally. i running out of steam just existing Maybe it will get better i didn't take meds last night in hope i have more energy today.
  4. total eclipse

thanks for your response i think will phone my psychologist today see what he says going back to bed again i hope your medication works soon
  5. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hey.. im pretty sure cipralex is th same as made me feel sick aswel.i felt as though i had smoked something dodgy ! but the feelings r normal as far as i know.o and dry mouth was n still is a side effect i get. even from these new tablets.its best not 2 jus stop ur meds.some of the side affects can b worse if u dont wean off them properly.i do wondr why alot of ppl say anti depresants dont work yet the docs still dish them out! i guess we hav 2 jus stick with it..hope that it works and if not try another sort.
    hope u feel bettr soon :hug:
  6. total eclipse

thanks daughter up now so she will keep my mind busy no time for me when shes up that is a good thing i hate me but the meds your right some people can take them others their body just won't i tried 3 weeks sick now i tried but will wean off them slowly take care
  7. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi Mary,

Please don't apologise for posting, there's no need :hug:.

Cipralex was the 1st anti depressant I tried, it didn't work for me, but meds affect everyone differently.

Anti depressants take about 6 weeks before they start to kick in but after 3 weeks there should be some improvement in your mood. Sometimes others will notice the change before you do. You should talk it over with you Doctor, he may want to increase your dosage before trying you on a different med.

I know it can be disheartening but please don't give up, with meds it can be trial & error till you find one that works for you.

:hug: xx
  8. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Sometimes it can be a long and painstaking effort to find the right med. and dosage. My brother ,who recently lost his job and was suicidal, was given zoloft and within 3 weeks is a new person with a great outlook and it helped him get antother job. I spent years and never found the right one but short-term anti anti anxieties like xanax (alprazolam) help me better than the long-term meds like zoloft and lexapro and prozac.

Most of these long term anti-depreessants have short term side effects so I hope you can get through thoses periods to see it they can work for you.

I wish you the best in your attempt to find the right ones. Please continue to let us know as ther is usually someone who may have tried what they are giving you and can give you some adivice.

Wishing you a good day and success down the line with the neds.
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Mary,

There's no need to be sorry for posting. That's what this site is here for :)
    Have you been in contact with your doctor yet? Are you still taking the medication?
    Let us know how you are doing :hug: We care!
  10. total eclipse

Thanks everyone i am taking my medication every other day now I know i should not change anything without talking with my doctor but i was to tired taking them everynight I need to be alert so i can be present of mind to help my daughter I see my doctor this friday 5 more days so maybe he can suggest something. Tommorrow i am going to try again to get my daughter help she needs it so bad. I just could be exhausted as well by all the stress i am under but the meds do tend to cloud my thoughts. I am less anxious yah but because i am too tired to care I will let you know how things go okay thanks mary
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.