Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jp_bl_68, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp_bl_68

jp_bl_68 Account Closed

Do you think leaving a note for your family and friends will help them come to terms with your death or do you think it would do more harm than good?

(I realise posting notes is against forum rules but I'm not sure if discussion of notes is allowed. If not I apologise.)
  2. nok1888

nok1888 Well-Known Member

I just think theyre there to say the last things you couldnt say to their face and to try put some closure on the why's etc
  3. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

I think it'ld do more harm than good as they might keep reflecting on the note.
  4. Lonely101

Lonely101 Well-Known Member

No I dont think it would explain, I dont think I would leave one cos you cannot capture all; or fully understand what you're feeling before hand or whether thats even relevant; could never say everything...

<mod edit-gentlelady-personal information>
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2009
  5. jp_bl_68

jp_bl_68 Account Closed

That's how I used to feel but your family and friends are bound to have questions. Without a note they might dwell excessively on your death or unfairly blame themselves.
  6. Lonely101

i dont think a note would change that though, you know
  7. jp_bl_68

jp_bl_68 Account Closed

I think you're right but I'm wondering if a note might help. I know that if someone I cared about took their own life I'd want to know as much as possible, for better or worse.
  8. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey :) you seem to be looking for us to advise you as to whether you should write a note prior to your suicide. we're not here to encourage you towards this act... would you perhaps like to talk about what has brought you here? there is so much support to be found here and some great friends to make :) people who will listen and understand :hug:
  9. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

They wouldn't understand regardless.

And like sparkle spotted, is this some kind of hidden ploy?
  10. jp_bl_68

jp_bl_68 Account Closed

Thanks for the offer but I'm not in a chatty mood right now. I'd prefer to stick to the forums for the time being :wink:

When I started the thread I was just interested in hearing what other people felt about suicide notes but I suppose you're right. I am looking for a little guidance on the matter. If this is an inappropriate subject for this forum I apologise. Perhaps a mod could remove this thread (if necessary)?
  11. Lonely101

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
  12. cursed

cursed Member

For my family, that is probably accurate, for all the people who claim to love me In my life, well, I’d have to explain something, (I would feel), to let them know they were great and that this had nothing to do with them. Hey, we are all human, and believe it or not, people feel guilty, (even if it is at minimal), on the inside about anything negative in their life. When you feel that great about your proposal of “S”, and it’s not some self pity party, then truly you want those to know around you that they were great to some extent, maybe how you loved them, maybe how you are sorry to end your relationship with them to comfort them. It’s all about closure, if that’s the final verdict to all things of the “S” person, then to me, it should be for them as well. To leave no answers to anything is ridicules, IMHO.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.