Nothing changes if nothing changes

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by alison, Jun 7, 2010.

1. alison

alison Well-Known Member

The woman who runs this dbt group I'm in said this to us the other day, and it made a big impact on me. "Nothing changes if nothing changes."

I sit around every day, doing the same things, thinking the same thoughts, expecting my life to suddenly feel worth living. But "nothing changes if nothing changes."

I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we could commit to eachother little changes we are trying to make in our lives to help steer ourselves towards recovery. It can be anything really, it doesn't have to be big. Just something different, because honestly.. I think most people here can say whatever they're doing now isn't working!

• I commit to leaving my house at least once a week for a social outing.
    • Except for under unusual circumstances (sick, out late with family/friends), I commit to waking up by at least 10 am every day.
    • I commit to eating breakfast every day (it can be small, just something!)
  2. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

That quote is fantastic.
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

what a great idea and I love the's so true...
  4. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Well said! :) You've got our support. Little things like that make the different and will soon produce big results!
  5. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

hey alison, how are your commitments going? Im gonna join you, these are 2 for at least the next weeks >.<

* I commit to work on my study every day really hard the next 2 weeks to pass.
    * I commit exercising every day, like walking or biking an hour a day.
  6. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Wow I like this post!
    I commit to doing more towards being the child of Yahweh I am supposed to be.
    And spending less time online. :)