Nothing Changes

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by BadWolf, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadWolf

BadWolf Well-Known Member

Ever been matched on a dating site with a guy who raped you? Very unpleasant, 0/10, would not recommend to a friend.

Is this what my whole life is going to be? Running from my past? I can't handle that. I can't handle this. I'm independent, and that's good. That's who I am, but I can't have things like this happen to me and not have anyone fight my corner for me. I can fight for other people. I stand up for other rape victims all the time. I could stare a sexual abuser in the face and tell them that they're scum. I could fight to the death to make sure that nobody goes through this alone. I went through it alone. I almost broke me. It is still breaking me. I could stand up to anyone.

But not to him. I can't. I just can't.
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I am sorry that happened to you. What makes him so difficult to stand up to? Is it because you feel he still has power over you? Because sweetie, if that's the case, he only has power over you because you let him.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Trust me..I do know how you feel in a sense, that is past is haunting you, its daunting and you cannot escape from it...sorry this happened to you, you certainly are not alone in this :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.