• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Nothing ever goes right (or at least feels that way)

sadhart

SF Supporter
Back in April, I bought a vinyl record on ebay from a seller in Japan. Soon after, I got a message from him that the package delivery would be delayed due to the pandemic. I understood. But with each month, I got a bit more impatient because at one point, he hadn't mailed it yet, even though I had said to go ahead. I ended up paying an additional shipping fee once he did. Still nothing, and I was getting frustrated and felt bad letting him know that. Well, yesterday, it arrived. But as I opened it up and looked at the record, there were cracks on it, like, it looked like it was about to break apart. I don't blame the seller as he had "fragile, handle with care" marked on the package. My guess is that this may have happened during transit at some point.

I know that it's just a record, but to wait that long only to be disappointed is very disheartening. Aside from that, I have just had to deal with some other frustrations, particularly, trying to not get overwhelmed with emotional pain when it comes to people like my mother or someone else. Sorry I know that doesn't make sense. But I'm just tired of life being full of heartache and disappointment for me.

sadhart

SF Supporter
No, I don't think it's possible. I guess if it was just this one thing that went wrong, it wouldn't be too bad, but it's like the majority of things in my life go wrong or end in heartache and I'm just tired of it. Sorry for sounding dramatic.

No, I don't think it's possible. I guess if it was just this one thing that went wrong, it wouldn't be too bad, but it's like the majority of things in my life go wrong or end in heartache and I'm just tired of it. Sorry for sounding dramatic.
Doesnt sound dramatic to me, I relate. I have a lot of bad luck too, big and small, and it drags me down and makes me depressed sometimes. So many things in my life turn bad or go wrong and I often feel cursed. I hope your luck improves soon. Sorry about the refund, they should do something, it's not fair

sadhart

SF Supporter
Doesnt sound dramatic to me, I relate. I have a lot of bad luck too, big and small, and it drags me down and makes me depressed sometimes. So many things in my life turn bad or go wrong and I often feel cursed. I hope your luck improves soon. Sorry about the refund, they should do something, it's not fair
Sorry that you also experience similar feelings. I hope things turn around for the good for you as well.

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
That is really shitty, B. I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you let the seller know it's not usable and request a refund for the selling price at least.

sadhart

SF Supporter
That is really shitty, B. I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you let the seller know it's not usable and request a refund for the selling price at least.
I am looking into it. I was afraid to do so just because I don't want to seem like I am being deceitful or something. But then I realized that I would gain nothing whatsoever waiting months for something, finally get it, then go out of my way to break it for a refund.

Auri

🎸🎼Rock Star🎼🎸
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I am looking into it. I was afraid to do so just because I don't want to seem like I am being deceitful or something. But then I realized that I would gain nothing whatsoever waiting months for something, finally get it, then go out of my way to break it for a refund.
Don't be afraid of that, you should totally get your money back, that isn't right. I'm sorry it happened to you, sometimes a "minor" thing can be the last straw, and feel like everything is there to make us miserable. It can be overwhelming, but it's not the case. One thing at a time. *console

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$255.00