Nothing ever works out

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by i need relief, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been in a deeply depressed state for many years now.

I've never had a girlfriend, but recently I met someone and we really connected. I couldn't believe it. Someone was actually attracted to me, and I was attracted to them. Things felt like they were going so well. But I screwed it all up. My insecurities ruined everything. Something good finally entered my life, and I fucked it up. I'm still reeling over it. It was like all of those years of misery were finally going to be worth it. But I ruined it. I don't think that I'll ever get the chance again.

My depression got even worse after that point.

I felt like I was reaching rock bottom, and I finally got the nerve to talk to someone close to me about how I feel. I pretty much laid it down on the table. I talked about my depression, suicidal feelings, everything. They acted concerned at first, promised to help me, etc. I finally felt relief. Unfortunately, it didn't last. Nothing ever came of it. It's like the conversation never happened.

I'm stuck. I can't help myself. I reached out for help and got nothing. There is no one else to reach out to. I don't even know if I really even want help anymore.
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

This might sound a silly question, but have you seen your doctor? Could be that a dose of anti-depressants could help. Also your doctor can refer you for counselling/therapy.
  3. ybt

ybt Guest

keep in mind though that pills are only a SUGGESTION, and should be taken with a grain of salt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.