nothing good will ever happen to me

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sadguy33, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

I've given up everytime I try and improve myself I'm reminded of why I don't belong here. Then I think that if I just ended it how I would never have worries again.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

So sorry you are feeling this way. Is there something that has recently happened that has you feeling like this? Please share with us what is going on.

3. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

Thanks sadeyes for responding to my comment I just feel very depressed today. Well for example I'm trying to get a job and I just can't seem to find one. I'm trying to get in shape by running and doing all this stuff and eating healthy and I don't look much different. I've been trying to find a girl that likes me and that isn't having any sucess either.

4. Don't discourage yourself, results take time. Good things happen to everybody. Its hard to find a job nowadays, if you keep applying you'll find one. My husband was out of a job for several months till he finally found one. Same thing with the weight, keep at it, once you see the results you"ll start to feel better. One thing that helped me lose weight was drinking lots of water and having calcium in my diet. Just watch if you keep it up you'll have to buy new clothes within a year. And the girl thing...Well...Relationships take time to develop, eventually the opportunity will present it's self and you'll meet someone. I'm Sorry you are having a bad day I hope you feel better about things. Good things happen to people everyday, and they'll happen to you , I know it's hard (really I know)but try being optimistic concerning the out come of the things you do to better yourself. ^^ Don't declare your defeat just yet hang in there and you'll see that you are winning.

5. Black Sun

Black Sun Active Member

Sadguy33,
    I once wrote a lady in Eastern Europe about some of my frustrations and she replied that they have a saying there; "Life is like a Zebra, there are bright times and there are dark." I can feel your pain. Why don't you talk about? You are giving us the conclusion, but not the story. I'll bet there are a number of ways of looking at your internal dialogue, narrative, or life story, whichever you prefer to call it, which illustrate strength, compassion, and even success. As far as ending it goes, personally speaking, I don't know that anything will be better on the other side. As Shakespeare wrote "What dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil?

One of my psych professors once responded to an email I sent her this way:

"I have a collection of mottos hanging above my desk that I will share with you, as they apply directly to your question

"DREAM as if you will live forever. LIVE as if you only have today."

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't...you're right."

"The best way to predict your future, is to create it."

That pretty much sums up my philsophy on life regardless of age."

Gilly

6. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

Thanks guys I really apperciate your advice. Its nice to hear words of encouragement because sometimes I'm in such a negative mindset.

7. Black Sun

Black Sun Active Member

Yeah man,

A lot of us know that. The negativity is like being a seagull sucked into the vortex of a jet engine. It has a logic and force which are hard to fight. From a cognitive view, you want to watch out words like "always" and "never." There are usually always exceptions, and in any event, any story can be viewed from a different, more life affirming perspective, which is just as much true as any negative assessement. Mark Twain said he could live 6 months off a good compliment so when you get one, hang onto it, make a list of them for a rainy day and try to see your strengths. For one, you've held up this long, could a weak, stupid, loser do that? We are mind, body, spirit and social creatures. Work on the weak areas, it all counts as a plus. Friends don't like you, get new friends who can understand and care about you.

Keep in touch, let is know what's going on.

Gilly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.