nothing i do is rite

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by among the stars, Mar 30, 2009.

1. among the stars

among the stars Well-Known Member

no matter what i do i always end up hurting someone or letting someone down, i kno ppl mean well (most of 'em) but i am so down that i cant just "pull myself outta it" its just not possible...5 breakdowns in 5 days.....i hold it all in to help cuz helping makes me feel better but idk....just a stupid failure.....never was anything, never will be anything....
  2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

:hug: I can relate to a lot of what you've said, thing is with depression it really brings out the nasty negative feelings towards ourselves and maybe you think you keep hurting people or letting them down but you're not. Sometimes we can be too hard on ourselves. Have you tried talking to the people you think you keep hurting? Maybe if you talk to them they can reassure you, and in the event that you do hurt people maybe they can tell you why and you can work from there.

It's certainly not easy to switch off the feelings, maybe be around people who you get along well with, who can make you smile. When you're depressed you sometimes want to be by yourself but this is the worst thing you can do. Perhaps you could see a doctor, if you haven't done so already.

Holding it in doesn't help, you think its helping people but you need to help yourself and I' sure your friends wouldn't mind being there for you. They'd want to know if you're feeling crap, and they'd want to try and help.

If you want someone to talk to you're welcome to PM me. :hug:
  3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

How do you know that you always end up hurting someone or letting them down?