Nothing I ever do is good enough

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SoDone416, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoDone416

SoDone416 Member

I am such a big fat disappointment to everyone. I can't do or say anything right. I just should not exist. The only thing that keeps me hanging on are my kids but its only a matter of time until I feel they'd be better of without me. The problem is deep down I don't feel like I *am* a waste of a human being. I feel like I do serve a purpose but when everyone around makes you feel like crap then it's hard to keep that feeling. When people treat me like crap and I actually stand up for myself (which happens rarely) I just get beaten down (with words not physical) more. The past few months I've just tried to stay out of the way of people so there couldn't be anything to "blame" on me. It doesn't work completely but it helps. I really thought the new year would be different but it's not. I want to die.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry you are struggling but glad you found us here. Hopefully talking with others struggling with the same thing may be of some benefit to you. It really sounds like you may have genuine depression as well as problems and that can sometimes be helped by counseling and/or meds- certainly worth speaking to a professional about.
  3. mbczion

mbczion Well-Known Member

I am in a similar situation. My kids keep me going. Otherwise, I feel like the world we be better off w/o me.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I can relate to this, more than you know. I don't think I'm a bad person, but sometimes people treat me like I'm the worst person on earth. They laugh at me and tell me to shut up if I stand up for myself, and they always take out their anger on me. I don't deserve any of that crap, and neither do you. I'm so sorry you have to deal with any of it.
  5. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

I clicked on this because I, too, just like everyone else here it seems, feel the same way. See, people I'm close to keep telling me that I'm a good, nice, and worthy person...but then those same people turn around and make me feel like the complete opposite by A.) making fun of me and B.) criticizing me. And then they're shocked that I don't believe them when they say good things about me. "Oh, I never said you were worthless." No, of course you didn't, you just implied it by saying that I don't ever do anything worthwhile, which is just so different from the former. "Well, I only said that because you don't do anything about your mental illnesses. I never said you couldn't, just that you don't". Yeah, and you saying these things to me makes me so motivated to let me tell you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.