Nothing is Helping

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadcat, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadcat

sadcat Well-Known Member

Pain is back. Have been trying everything to stop it. Nothing is helping.

Been taking vicodin all day today. Still in pain whenever i stand up.
    took 3 times as much muscle relaxers as normal - did not do a thing.
    taking extra gabapentin - might as well be water - useless.
    been stretching all day.
    been applying a percussion vibrator.

Been in pain from my lower back to my ankle all day and it feels like my ankle is broken.

The pain is making me very cranky/angry.

Will double my aleve tomorrow.
    Even applied the McKenzie slide glide therapy to stop the pain - only had minor efect.
    Put ben gay on my back two times today too.

i am running out of ideas - of what to do.

this world is looking so dark to me again.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

That sounds so awful. Hope you are feeling better
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hope you get some relief soon!! :hug:
  4. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

Oh sadcat ! I am very saddened to hear that despite all your efforts your suffering at the moment is so unbearable. I am sure you have checked any option,but when I had an operation years ago they gave me some morphine solution and that was amazing in every way.I believe that can be addictive,but only if taken all the time. Would that be an option just to cap the pain when its at its worst ? You seem to perk up in between so you would not have to take it all the time.
    Sorry if this i crappy advice,but I just remembered it. Hope you get better soon, please try to get through this ,I am sure it will not stay at this level. Take best care, Mozart
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sorry to hear this :( Have you tried Lyrica? It provides some relief with my back pain (sciatica) or difene? which is mainly prescribed for that kind of pain too. Don't give up, there is more help out there!
  6. sadcat

sadcat Well-Known Member

Mozart - thank you for the idea. I have so far been afraid to use any morphine, even when my heart is really bad. My reason is that it is very habit forming and the supply of it would always be in jepoardy.

CocaCola - I use gabapentin , which is a sister medicine to the lyrica. For an NSAID I take aleve, and get shots of triamcinalone (a form of cortisone) .

Thank you for you suggestions.

I do believe that he meds I am using are equivalent to the ones you suggested. However, if you feel that they are not equal I would appreciate hearing back.

I shall continue to increase my medications further.
    And I shall be applying exercises and other treatments for piraforma syndrome and for an attack of spinal stenosis.

hugs SadCat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.