nothing is helping.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by whiskeylullaby, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiskeylullaby

whiskeylullaby Well-Known Member

nevermind. did it anyway when I was finally by myself a few minutes ago. I don't care if the people I'm with know or not.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2010
  2. whiskeylullaby

here's to hoping alcohol poising will finally get me. such a coward. I don't know what else to do... sorry.

3. dartofabaris

dartofabaris Well-Known Member

Dear Mayberry, whats on your mind?;

i sometimes do it before sleeping, when my house mates are asleep, not barging into my room now and then, physical pain temporarily distracts the mind from its own needles.

4. whiskeylullaby

I just found out a good friend of mine was sexually assaulted by her ex boyfriend...and she never told anyone until now and I'm freaking out because it has sent me right back to 3 years ago when i was exactly kn her shoes....I'm so sorry for her because she sounds like me, she thinks it is her fault and she deserved it and the whole discussion sent me into a near catatonic state and I couldn't talk about anything...anyway im sorry I'm an oversensitive emo idiot

5. dartofabaris

I just found out a good friend of mine was sexually assaulted by her ex boyfriend...and she never told anyone until now and I'm freaking out because it has sent me right back to 3 years ago when i was exactly kn her shoes....I'm so sorry for her because she sounds like me, she thinks it is her fault and she deserved it and the whole discussion sent me into a near catatonic state and I couldn't talk about anything...anyway im sorry I'm an oversensitive emo idiot.

Dear Mayberry, firstly ill tell you what you are not: you are not an 'overly sensitive emo idiot', (thats what i keep telling myself anyway :) ) I understand that after you found out about your good friend, she seemed like a reflection to a harrowing portion your own past, which is a memory you naturally supress since it depreciates your sense of self-worth and isolates you from others. I know in such moments the amount of time which has passed doesnt really count for much because it all comes rushing right back in and you feel helpless when drowning with arms outstretched, in such moments we lose ourself, lets say to these inner demons? A catatonic state exists cause something saps us of all our motivation to do anything at all;

Hence I would recommend, only if both of you are mutually comfortable, to discuss this with each other; does your friend know that you too suffered in a similar manner? im sure she would feel loads better knowing she has someone who can understand her, wouldnt you?

hugs are overused in this forum, so i give you a :cake: instead .

talk it all out or Pm anyone you find as a friend.

6. blade

blade Well-Known Member

hi there mayberry
    i agree with dartofabaris, if she knows you have gone through a similar case she will feel better, better knowing that someone understands her, knowing that someone is there. :)

if you need to talk about anything at all, email me: nichola.ottley@yahoo.com

when ever you are ready to talk :)
    even now months later i dont cut anymore but i do have those temptations, those urges. and i tell my self..."no, youve come this far"

xo

7. whiskeylullaby

thank you for your kind comments, i was very drunk when i wrote those posts, to the point where i don't really remember writing them. and of course everything was probably blown out of proportion, everything always seems more dramatic after i've been drinking. the friend and i are not that close, and with as drunk as she was i don't think she remembers saying anything about it, so i don't want to embarrass her by bringing it up. but i think if it comes up again i will say something to her, even if it is just to tell her that i know where she is coming from. anyway, thanks guys. oh, and had to go to the hospital to get myself fixed up yesterday, but it wasn't too bad, just felt like an idiot. :rolleyes:

8. dartofabaris

Hey Mayberry,

dont worry about it :smile: , you did the right thing by speaking out, after a few drinks we set our inhibitions lose anyway so probably you needed to say it, whether out of proportion or not; good to hear you are ok, as for your friend your idea is appropriately sensitive and mature.

hope you are feeling well enough to do this -->:moonwalk:;
    if not, then this -->:Leiaha:

9. blade

blade Well-Known Member

happy to hear hun, :)
    well if anything, im always around :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.