Nothing is sacred.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by carebear35, Jul 12, 2016.

1. carebear35

carebear35 Active Member

It doesn't matter what I have it disappears. I got two or three different chocolates for my birthday last year. I just went to look for them in my cupboard and not one of them is there. It's not the first time I've gotten chocolate for my birthday and it goes missing on me. I can't tell you how often I've found my soft drinks in my grandmother's room (various places she thinks she's funny) and as of sometime today somebody has taken my cell phone charger. I'm getting seriously fed up with the people in this house. Is it so wrong to have something that is actually mine?

2. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

I must admit I'm really confused. Just to clarify, you receive "chocolate" as a gift and you put it in a cupboard? If I received chocolate I'd put it in my mouth...
    There should be a government warning on all chocolate products: Warning: putting chocolate in a cupboards will seriously diminish its intrinsic value and others may eat it!

3. ragermoon

ragermoon Active Member

My sister takes my shit all the time. Clothes are one thing because I can (usually) get them back, but she takes and USES things like my shampoo and body scrubs. How am I supposed to use it when it's all gone?!? I don't blame you for being pissed about the chocolate. :D
    One day you'll be living under your own roof and (hopefully) won't have to worry about it. :)

4. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

As a child chocolate was a treat. If I received a Mars bar I had to cut it into seven pieces and offer everyone in the house a piece. I was seriously gutted when I ended up with just one small piece. On complaining my mother would always say, "you've got to learn to share". I now realise that the lesson was to do so with a cheerful heart.

5. carebear35

carebear35 Active Member

I have no problem with sharing. It's in my nature, but prefer to share when I know about it. My chocolate that I got as a birthday present from a friend while I was in a psychiatric hospital just disappeared and I knew nothing about it. I don't know about where you're from, but here I tend to call it theft.