Nothing is working out....I just wanna die...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Harmonica, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harmonica

Harmonica New Member

What else can I do? Im a failing senior in high school, I'm a drug addict, my friends and family are growing more distant everyday. I've attempted suicide and failed about three times. I don't know what to do anymore...there's nothing in the future for me...whats the reason for staying alive? I just want to go...

I'm mentally handicapped by depression that seems to just be getting worse, and voices that just won't leave me alone. I'm sick of the anti-depressants and anti-psychotics....I just want to feel happy again...but I just can't. I'm not going to graduate school, and I need drugs almost everyday, just because I want to smile.

Why is life so terrible for me? Why is it that everyone around me is happy and has something to look forward to? I...I just want to die...maybe then I could be happy...
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011
  2. Severijn

Severijn Well-Known Member

Hi harmonica. Have you ever tried therapy to find out where your unhappiness is coming from?

For me drugs were a way to self-medicate myself... I had lots of bad experiences from my childhood that I hadn't worked through (and couldn't remember at first). I'm not saying this is also true for you, but there must be a reason why you are unhappy.

If you know the reason you can start to do something about it to improve your life.

What drugs are you taking if I may ask? I used to take a lot of MDMA and alcohol to get through the day.
  3. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're in such pain. You're welcome here, and a lot of us have been where you are.

You mention antidepressants and anti-psychotics, have you told your doctor exactly what is going on and how you feel? A doctor won't know that a medication isn't working for you until you tell him/her. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get right medication or combination, and it's extremely frustrating. I know, I've been there.

Until that happens, please kep posting. We're good listeners, and I'm there will be suggestions, as well as support and encouragement
  4. Harmonica

Harmonica New Member

I used to take Ecstasy, but I quit a while ago. As of now, I'm a frequent Marijuana and LSD user.

I really wish that I didn't have to be prescribed meds. I want to feel happy without them, I just can't achieve that. It makes me feel have this synthetic happiness...
  5. nonopano

nonopano Active Member

Hey man. I really do think that prescribed medicines would not help you. It doesn't really take away the real problem. The way I see it is that drugs and not studying are the real problems. These are the things that block you from happiness. You have to break them.

Now of course it wouldn't be an easy task. I remember how painful it is to stop my addiction(videogames). Even up to this day, Im still tempted. But hey, if you want happiness you have to work for it. Take those steps. What makes the difference is your willingness to get it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.