Nothing is working

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Soldier83, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soldier83

Soldier83 Well-Known Member

I tried therapy anti depresants nothing is working. My therapist gave up on me, and that just about sums it up. Good bye everyone sorry to have wasted your time.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

We will not give up on you Therapist is not a real therapist if he just gave up Perhaps he did not have the skills yet to help you but he could have transfer you to someone that did. I am sorry you were abandoned by him. Keep talking here ok phone your therapist back and get a referral to another therapist that can help you
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

How did you come to the conclusion that the T gave up on you? Did you follow up on appointments?
  4. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Nothing has worked for me either. My psychiatrist gave up on me. I'm trying to see another one but it's a slow process.
  5. IJ (it just is)

IJ (it just is) Well-Known Member

I think you need to get a new therapist, no good therapist would ever do that on anyone. Dont give up until you have tried everything. Meds are tricky, you need to go through a few different kinds and combinations to get something that is a right fit for you. So keep trying.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

As already suggested, i'd get a new therapist. A therapist that gives up on you is a therapist not worthy of the name.
    Please keep on fighting this, it can take a while to find the right medications, don't give up.
    You have not wasted anyone's time. We're here to support you no matter what. I hope you can get through this difficult time.
  7. Soldier83

Soldier83 Well-Known Member

The therapist i was seeing wont accept my calls anymore, the meds i was taking make me just so damn tired. It was a struggle going to one person to talk to. I cant see myself talking to someone else.
  8. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

Trying to find a new therapist can be a daunting process and if your meds are making you tired, no wonder you are discouraged. As for your therapist not taking your calls - I'm really sorry to hear that. That has to feel terrible, however this shows the therapist was not up to the job and is not a reflection on you. Please don't give up on yourself.
  9. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

Would just like to add - a decent therapist would never abandon you. Once they realized they weren't helping, they would work towards finding someone else who could. This is really unprofessional and I would like to encourage you to be angry on behalf of the person treated this way, i.e. you. Controlled anger can infuse us with a positive energy and it sounds like you need some right now. I also wonder about those meds - might be time to reevaluate them, if they are making you so tired. That's counterproductive. Can you ask your doc for a change?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.