Nothing left for me in this place.....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ðisturbed03, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ðisturbed03

Ðisturbed03 Member

Is it just me out there who cant have a good conversation with anyone for longer than 1 min, is always known as the awkward kid that ppl just ignore and walk away from. This has be going on for most of my life and it's making me depressed and wanting to kill myself, how can i get ova this?

2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I'm in the dumps now but let me give some hypocritical advice. :)

The easiest way to elongate a conversation is by asking questions. Just keep building on the question. People like talking about themselves.

See...it's like what happened to me today..:laugh:

James

It can be really frustrating. Stick in there.

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Yeah unfortunately I also was abused physcologically and was always the one who was picked on because I was a square peg trying to fit in a round hole. People always cut me off when I am speaking, they use me, and treat me like shit. They would always try and get me in fights because of my size. I would either walk away because I didn't want to deal with it or I would kick ass to defend myself. I never learned to bond with people so I couldn't concentrate to carry on a conversation. Over the years I have slowly grown to having irrational thoughts and racing thoughts. So when I try to talk I loose track of what I am saying and just stand there with a blank look on my face. That is part of the reason I don't do people. I am taking meds for it and they help about 60% of the time where I can focus better when I speak.. You should see a shrink about putting you on meds for your thinking...Take Care!!~Joseph~

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Social exchanges, although quite challenging, are learned...the way you put yourself out to ppl can influence how you are being perceived...also, although SF is not RL, it is a place where you can hone some of your social skills, best of luck, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.