Nothing Left To Do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Forgotten_Man, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Recently... well more like since I graduated college I feel like there is nothing left for me to do with my life. I have jumped through all the hoops that I can willingly jump through. Now I fell like there is nothing left for me to do with my life. And since I am only 24 that means there is a lot of time left to do nothing.

This makes me want to kill myself. It is like a constant hell of being trapped in a never ending line. Where your time just ticks away as you wait to get to the front of that line. Why not just force my way to the front and get it over with already?

While I know that opinions widely vary, what is there left to do in life once you get out of college and on your own. Please keep in mind my complete social ineptitude. So stuff like starting a family is out of the question.

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Are you able to get work in any fields in which you have been trained? What sorts of things bring you joy?

I would like to hear more details like this as maybe we all here can help you get a game plan to have a full life.

Also to and sorry if you have mentioned this before but you sound like you have classic depression...nothing feels good even the good things in your life have you gotten to speak with your doctor or atherapist about how you feel..

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Ok this may end up being the stupidest reply you're going to get but here goes.
    I really try to understand why people who feel they are socially inept can not start a family? Having a child brings so much personal fulfillment to your life. And they can bring out characteristics that you may have felt were long lost or never existed. They give you hope and a reason to be strong and look forward to the future.

I suffer several mental health issues but I have never really seen them as a draw back to being able to love my children. You do become a whole new person. And by saying at this point that you cant have children is just setting you up for more disappointment in your life.

You seem to be looking for some sort of challenge in your life right now. Something that will give you a new perspective. Have you got any free time in your day now? Maybe consider volunteering at a place where children frequent. The local library usually holds "reading" activities. The local day care might need an extra. The schools in any community are always looking for adult volunteers. Community clubs are always looking for coaches or adults to help run children friendly activities. You could always allot a few hours a week to a local chapter of Big Brothers. So many possibilities. And at the same time giving you a chance to see how much children can change a persons life. And at the same time helping you to build the social skills you think you are not equipped with. Help get you back out and into society in a way. And children are so ready to accept people. To experience whatever you have to offer them.

So there, as stupid as it sounds, something to consider?

It would be an adventure to say the least. Something it sounds like you havent tried to conquer before.

4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

@Bambi:Yes I currently have a job in the field of my degree. A job I hate, while I am working on correcting it I do have a job, and am far more successful then the majority of people my age.

@itmahanh:Your reply makes sense. However, I hate children, I despise them with every fiber of my being. I want nothing to do with them... I guess I forgot to mention that. Yeah I do not like kids at all. They annoy me to no end.. and would cut into the various addictions I have... primarily the video game and anime addiction.

As for the social ineptitude. The problem problem lies in actually meeting people. Not just meeting them but convincing them to stick around you for more than 20 seconds. That is where the problem lies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.